Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-09-2017, 11:44 AM   #1
lensois4ever
lensois4ever began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Question Calibre metadata automatic update

Hello,
I have a library of 16,000 titles Calibre, I wonder if there is a plugin that allows to automatically search and update the metadata books, to avoid having to do it manually for each book, as iit is very long to do manually. Thank you in advance for your advice / help.
Benoit.
lensois4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:28 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by lensois4ever View Post
Hello,
I have a library of 16,000 titles Calibre, I wonder if there is a plugin that allows to automatically search and update the metadata books, to avoid having to do it manually for each book, as iit is very long to do manually. Thank you in advance for your advice / help.
Benoit.
You don't need as plugin for this, its built in

The metadata downloads can be done in bulk, just select multiple books and use the Download metadata and covers option in the Edit metadata drop down.

The downloads are throttled to prevent overloading of metadata provider servers, and you won't get a response until the all the selected books have been processed,

So, I suggest you don't select 16,000 books, because you'd have a very long wait (as in maybe days). Start off with say 20 and work up to what is comfortable for you.

You might want to watch the Video Tutorials.

I'm moving the thread to the Library Management forum

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert