Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-27-2014, 11:05 AM   #1
PhoxzeeJae
PhoxzeeJae began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Issues with adding books - and calibre creating doubles

I recently moved my calibre library to a hard drive connected to my router. Everything was great for a few weeks but now it is acting really weird it is creating doubles of the author folders and when I try and add a new book it gives me a metafile error. I have uninstalled, restarted my computer, re-downloaded, and reinstalled in that order to try to resolve issue to no avail, and now everytime I close and reopen calibre a new book is gone it shows in the list but the epub and mobie files are no longer in the folder. Any deas?
PhoxzeeJae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 11:13 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoxzeeJae View Post
I recently moved my calibre library to a hard drive connected to my router. Everything was great for a few weeks but now it is acting really weird it is creating doubles of the author folders and when I try and add a new book it gives me a metafile error. I have uninstalled, restarted my computer, re-downloaded, and reinstalled in that order to try to resolve issue to no avail, and now everytime I close and reopen calibre a new book is gone it shows in the list but the epub and mobie files are no longer in the folder. Any deas?
Network attached devices are not supported (the drive connected to a router males it into a NAS). http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....rked-drive-nas

Some folk get NAS to work, others ...
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2014, 11:15 AM   #3
PhoxzeeJae

ahh I missed that and it was working at first so I thought everything was ok I will set it back to the harddrive on my computer and just keep a backup on the NAS thanks I was driving me crazy
Old 03-27-2014, 11:26 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoxzeeJae View Post
ahh I missed that and it was working at first so I thought everything was ok I will set it back to the harddrive on my computer and just keep a backup on the NAS thanks I was driving me crazy
Once back as a connected HD, repair your library (run the Library Maintenance tool and correct the issues). Each OS has slightly different filesystem naming rules. BTW if you are running Windows, you won't be able to fix CASE ONLY duplicates.
Create a NEW empty (with the same structure) Library
Then switch back to the Old Library: Select All: Right click: copy to library (the new one) with the delete option. This will take some time. What is left (over) in the old Library folder, were your problem files
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:04 PM   #5
PhoxzeeJae

ok thank you
Advert
Old 04-06-2014, 09:50 PM   #6
NicolasT
NicolasT began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD Plus, iPad2, Galaxy S5
Hey, PhoxzeeJae did you do it?
I would like to know how/if it worked for you.
NicolasT is offline   Reply With Quote