Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sitescooper

Notices

Old 03-31-2004, 03:12 PM   #16
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Ahh yes, only the articles on the main page are currently available. Otherwise, the download becomes too big. I will think of it again. Either I will try to include it (without images perhaps), or I will at least remove the more from links to avoid confusion.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:13 PM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza
... I'd love to use this to gather up my morning reading, rather than running iSiloX, because I'm lazy like that.
Plus, I don't think I'm the only one that likes to read those sites regularly.
Sure can do that for you :P Though the primary purpose of this here is to have scoops of non-mobile pages available that aren't easily converted with iSiloX.
Advert
Old 03-31-2004, 03:18 PM   #18
melvynadam
Connoisseur
melvynadam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone, iPad
Great move Alex - really nice scoops. Also, I agree with Tanker Bob that it'd be nice to have FoxNews.
Gyffes - what's your Palm device?
Since everyone's making requests how about The Daily Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/)?
Old 03-31-2004, 03:21 PM   #19
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
We now have a beta section where our regular members (everyone with 20 or more posts) can download pre-made scoops in iSilo format (Plucker will follow).

These scoops are regularly updated (several times a day). The list of scoops is expanding, and currently includes: The Economist, Reuters, NZZ, The Inquirer.

MobileRead.com Team
Alex,

Where can I find the scoops?
Old 03-31-2004, 03:22 PM   #20
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Zire, did you receive a mail? Anyways, check your PM.
Advert
Old 03-31-2004, 03:26 PM   #21
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

melvynadam, Tanker Bob:
Foxnews should be included with the next hourly update. Will try to add more of your requests soon (today is request day, isn't it?)
Old 03-31-2004, 03:41 PM   #22
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
Hi,

Alex,I was also wondering about the access.

I just checked my email and had no message for details.

This sounds like a great idea.Do any of the clips include photos?

Peace,

David
Old 03-31-2004, 03:46 PM   #23
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

David, not sure why you didn't get the mail, but check your PM now. Photos can be and are included when appropriate.
Old 03-31-2004, 04:29 PM   #24
melvynadam
Connoisseur

Alex, thanks so much for adding FoxNews. Whilst you're in a giving mood......

Are there any other Israelis on this list who would be interested in Ha'aretz (http://www.haaretzdaily.com/)? It's too difficult for me to get this on iSilo as it's definitely one of those "non-mobile pages available that aren't easily converted with iSiloX". If there's enough interest maybe it could be added.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:16 PM   #25
Harpgliss
Member Retired
Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.Harpgliss got an A in P-Chem.

Device: TH55
Hi,

Alex,simply amazing work and I look forward to seeing what you add in the coming days.

I have one small request,would it be possible to consolidate all of the Reuters stuff in one file For those who may just want a single file?

Peace

David
Old 03-31-2004, 08:02 PM   #26
illustratton
illustratton began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie T665
Scoops

Alex,
Scoops work great! Wonderful job.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:44 PM   #27
jfs01
Enthusiast
jfs01 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Clie TH-55
Alex, superior work. Thank you for all of your efforts on the scoops and this site.

John
Old 04-01-2004, 05:52 AM   #28
captainao
Enthusiast
captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Axim x51v;T|X;NX73;SEK750
Alex, many thanks - this is great! I can't wait for NYT sections. Is there any chance of making these available via FTP? That would allow users to write a simple script to download the files we want and throw them into the ISilo install directory for "automated" updating of content. It would also be a lot easier to download files while away from a desktop PC . . . or maybe there's a simpler solution to these that I'm missing?
Either way, your work is much appreciated
Old 04-01-2004, 06:58 AM   #29
stobs
Connoisseur
stobs is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
install downloaded scoops on palm - online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainao
Is there any chance of making these available via FTP? That would allow users to write a simple script to download the files we want and throw them into the ISilo install directory for "automated" updating of content. It would also be a lot easier to download files while away from a desktop PC . . . or maybe there's a simpler solution to these that I'm missing?
Either way, your work is much appreciated
Interesting idea,
perhaps "wget" (http://studwww.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget/) can solve that task (I haven't tried).

To fetch the files while online, there were some discussions in the sitescooper ml.

Has anyone experiences with Palm-browser, that directly can download the pre-scooped files and install them (on card or RAM) for iSilo.

-S.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:20 AM   #30
melvynadam
Connoisseur

Just use a download manager with scheduling (e.g. GetRight, Download Boost, ReGet Deluxe, Internet Download Manager, InstantGet, DownloadStudio, HiDownload).
If you're interested in a freeware app that'll do this then try out Fresh Download.

Hope that's of use.