Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #1
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Question: For the Kindle w/Ads--do readers get Ad at end of books?

I recently heard from a friend that someone with the Ad Kindle (I think--this is coming via a friend so details are subject to...whisper interference.) Anyway:

The basic thread was that after the reader finished reading book X, there were ads inserted -- the typical ad of "If you enjoyed this book you might like?"

I'd like to hear from anyone who owns an Ad kindle--to find out whether they are seeing this and where this appears--is it actually at the end of the book are is it somehow back on the home screen after exiting the book? Or...?

Any info is appreciated, mostly just out of curiosity. This was the first I'd heard of any ads being associated with any particular book.

Thanks!
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The page that has suggestions for further reading and links to tweet or rank what you just read is a part of every Kindle with 3.1(2?) or higher firmware. It's basically the same suggested reading feature that you get with your Amazon account.

It's usually one more "page" past the end of the book.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Here's an example of it (see attached), but you have to literally go to the last page(s) to get to it. I usually stop when I'm to the end of the story and often hit the About the Author or copyright stuff and this is after that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-31012.gif
Views:	263
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	72401   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-31013.gif
Views:	263
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	72402  
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
AH so it is more likely the firmware update that caused the "change!" Okay, that makes sense.

Thanks for sharing this. I couldn't talk intelligently in the conversation because I had never seen it (Kindle for PC) and some of the others had never seen it before and said it was "new." But I couldn't figure out if "new" meant "new Kindle" -- ie the ad kindle or what!

Much appreciated!

Maria
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote