Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #1
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Whitcoulls drops price to $199

Whitcoulls in New Zealand has dropped the price of the Kobo 1 to NZ$199.

I guess they're getting ready for the arrival of the Kobo 2 and want to clear their stocks of the older model.

I always thought the price would get down to $199 but I thought that would be for the Christmas sales, looks like I was off by about a month!
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:43 PM   #2
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
About time. It has been overpriced for ages. They still haven't responded to my questions asking when the kobo wifi is coming to NZ.

And someone said they are now selling Sony PRS 650 readers. Have you seen them? If so, I don't like our chances for ongoing support of the kobo via Whitcoulls, we'll have to rely on Kobo itself.

(edited because I didn't mention this is in reference to Moffattm's post and Whitcoulls New Zealand)
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I spoke to someone that works at Whitcoulls and she said they would be putting the new Kobo model through a testing regime before they offered it for sale.

I see that Borders NZ is now selling Kobo and Sony e-readers, but I'm not sure on the models or prices.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:17 PM   #4
moffattm
Addict

And Dick Smith are selling the MiGear eBook Reader, with 7" TFT colour screen, for NZ$159. But they don't support DRM ebooks, and they don't get a good review: http://www.ebookanoid.com/2010/10/10...ers-out-there/