Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 03:46 AM   #1
panda53
Connoisseur
panda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch and shared Kindle
Cool-er Fast Forward Bug?

Has anyone else experienced unpredictable fast forwarding within an ebook on the cool-er ereader?

Several times, if I accidentally hold down the right arrow before / while pressing it, the pages forward skip by as much as 45 pages!

Very annoying.

Is this a bug, and should I email the support people about it?

Pamela
panda53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
occasionally

I think I have occasionally had this problem. Suddenly randomly I am ahead a bunch of pages. I am guessing its a bug, I have not had it happen very often though. I figured I just hit a wrong button combo and ended up a head.

They do have a new firmware release out for the Cool-er but I am not sure if that was something they fixed.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
panda53
Connoisseur
panda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura about

Glad to hear it's not just me. I'll report it to cool-er support.

For me, it happens whenever I push down the next page (right arrow) and then hold it down while considering the current page. Consistently, when released the pages fast forward.

This morning it happened again, and fast forwarded 45 pages!

It's my own bad technique, anticipating the page turn, but it either should happen or it should be documented.

best,
Pamela
Old 12-23-2009, 08:05 AM   #4
panda53
Connoisseur

Cool-er support never did reply to my email about this, but I've discovered that it may actually be a feature.

If you hold down either the forward or backward arrows, you can watch the pages increment or count down - useful if you know how far ahead you want to jump. A bit of a nuisance if you are reading a novel and just happened to pause with your finger on the arrow!