Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #61
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@BetterRed - back in step 1 of the wizard there is a "Fields..." button. Use this to define what columns in the library you are going to be importing values into, so that it appears as a column in the second step of the wizard.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #62
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@BetterRed - back in step 1 of the wizard there is a "Fields..." button. Use this to define what columns in the library you are going to be importing values into, so that it appears as a column in the second step of the wizard.
Thanks Kiwidude,

Aaah, I see my blunder I switched from using a list and a RegEx to a CSV, with columns Author, Title, FixCover - I didn't flip the Author & Title column numbers.

There is in fact no need for me to import values, the books are presented in 'marked:imported_list', which is sort of what I expected to happen, but I never got that far. From there I can do a bulk edit to change the Fix Cover column to True.

But if I did want to import a Yes/No column (where Undefined is allowed) then what values do I put in the CSV - 'Y'/'N'/' ', True/False/Null, Yes/No/Undefined... No matter what I tried the column would always show as 'No' in Preview and all the books would be a Mismatch. Which made me think it was using the column as part of its matching process.

Happy to work up a sample if required.

One, hopefully small, Change Request - In the Step 2 could we have an option to Display - All Books, Matching Books or Non-Matching Books

Two, maybe not too hard, Change Request - would it be possible to add a new method of importing the list. This would be a list of Calibre Library File Paths as in

Code:
E:\Calibre Libraries\Workshop\Bill Bloggs\Temple Bar Tales (58)\cover.jpg
E:\Calibre Libraries\Workshop\Bill Bloggs\Chancery Towers Downfall (54)\cover.jpg
E:\Calibre Libraries\Workshop\Olivia Waters\Hard Times at the FT (53)\Hard Times at the FT - Olivia Waters.pdf
E:\Calibre Libraries\Workshop\Suzanne Peters\The Giant Squid is Dancing (69)\The Giant Squid is Dancing - Suzanne Peters.mobi
How would I 'get such a list' - via Windows Search or Spotlight, from an 'image' matching program that finds similar covers...

At the moment I use Notepad++ macros to massage the list into a CSV file, which I feed into Import List, which applies its fuzzy logic to match the csv rows to the Calibre database which works most of the time, but... I'm sure you can intuit what I'm thinking

BTW this PI is a work of art, it should be hung up at Tate Modern for the next Turner Prize

Thanks

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-17-2013 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Add Change Request
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #63
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@BetterRed - I just took a quick look at the code, and it should accept any of "1", "y", "yes" or "true" in your csv file (and casing variants) if your custom column is defined as a boolean column. If it still isn't working for you send me a sample CSV.

As for (2) I'm not really sure where you are going with that. But it should be possible to do what you want from the clipboard tab with an appropriate regex?
Old 04-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #64
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@BetterRed - I just took a quick look at the code, and it should accept any of "1", "y", "yes" or "true" in your csv file (and casing variants) if your custom column is defined as a boolean column. If it still isn't working for you send me a sample CSV.

As for (2) I'm not really sure where you are going with that. But it should be possible to do what you want from the clipboard tab with an appropriate regex?
Thanks

What about One - after the matching an option to show All, Matching or Non Matching books. I had < 10 unmatched in a list of 300, they were awkward to find. They were caused by punctuation in titles etc, hence I needed to fix them.

Re clipboard and regex. The path lists come from using Windows Search & Spotlight on Calibre Library folders. Most of my colleagues are non compos mentis when it comes to regex's.

The need to put the bool into the input csv went away once I discovered I would get a marked list of all the matched books - I wanted all the books in the list to have 'Yes', so bulk metadata edit did that. I'll try the boolean again in a test library in the next couple of days - and let you know what happens.

BR

Update 1 - woke up for a simple process to produce a csv, with title, author columns with fewer mismatches - so we now have no need for Change Two (read from a directory list).

We would still like Change One - option to display All, Matched and Mismatched

Still have replicate problems with bools on my TODOs

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-21-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #65
BetterRed
null operator

Re: bools (yes/no; true/false): Mea Culpa - I was not setting column number to correct value (3) in first screen, I was leaving it as zero (0). Maybe it could be validated, column zero (0) not allowed, and two fields can't have same column number.

I found the Select All Unmatched books button, and figured out that one can then use the Green arrows to step up and down through the Unmatched books... but its very slow to step through them, lots of disk I/O.

It was quicker to use Page Down and look for Red Lines. I had a list of 78 books with 3 mismatches, up against a library of ~3500 books.

From another search I had a list of 350+ books with 4 mismatches against a library of 20,000+. Using the Select Unmatched and the Green down arrow, I almost had time to make a coffee

Given my druthers, I'd rather have the Select All Unmatched books button collapse the list accordingly. Plus similar buttons for Select All and Select all Matched and dispense with the Green Arrows. Actually that would map to a tristate radio button group.

Minor cosmetic issue - if the LHS of Step 2: Match list of... does not need a horizontal scroll bar, but the RHS does need one, then the vertical alignment of the two lists gets a bit unaligned - it can be a bit disconcerting.

This plugin is proving itself invaluable, especially in combination with the Reading List PI

My colleagues said to say , I'll just say Good On Yer Cobber - have a great Anzac Day

BR
Old 09-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #66
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Is anyone else having problems closing this PI after a successful import?

Calibre 1.2 on XP
I had to quit Calibre to get the dialog to go away
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #67
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

Calibre 1.2 on XP
I am using XP also with Calibre 1.0. But I have had this problem for awhile. I figured is was because my netbook isn't the fastest thing.

I have found that if I minimize Calibre and reopen the PI is closed.
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #68
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks View Post
I am using XP also with Calibre 1.0. But I have had this problem for awhile. I figured is was because my netbook isn't the fastest thing.

I have found that if I minimize Calibre and reopen the PI is closed.
for the work around, lots faster than restarting C
Old 09-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #69
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Quote:

Calibre 1.2 on XP
Must be a Windows XP thing - I have no issues at all on Windows 7. As soon as I click Finish in the wizard, the window closes.

The dialog itself is just invoked with a standard Qt .show() call on the QWizard window (since the window is modeless). There is a little bit of code that executes to save window position and your preferences but I can't see how that would affect anything. To verify it you could open the plugin zip file, edit line 59 of wizards.py and comment out this line like as follows:
Code:
#self.finished.connect(self._on_dialog_closing)
Maybe Kovid knows of some XP specific issue with Qt and modeless windows - has this just started happening or has it always done it?
Old 09-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #70
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
for the work around, lots faster than restarting C
Your welcome! It is a lot faster...

Kiwidude: It doesn't happen to me all the time. Small lists seem to work well. Bigger lists (or one with more data?)...well it seems I have to minimize to get rid of the PI window. I usually have several programs open at once and my computer is slow anyway so I didn't figure it was the PI.

I really love this PI!
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #71
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Must be a Windows XP thing - I have no issues at all on Windows 7. As soon as I click Finish in the wizard, the window closes.

The dialog itself is just invoked with a standard Qt .show() call on the QWizard window (since the window is modeless). There is a little bit of code that executes to save window position and your preferences but I can't see how that would affect anything. To verify it you could open the plugin zip file, edit line 59 of wizards.py and comment out this line like as follows:
Code:
#self.finished.connect(self._on_dialog_closing)
Maybe Kovid knows of some XP specific issue with Qt and modeless windows - has this just started happening or has it always done it?
Sorry to get back so late: I have done the Comment-out and will watch the next time I use the PI
Thanks
Old 09-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #72
wolf23
wolf23 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Cybook Odyssee HD Frontlight
Modification: XPath-"tag list"

I had the problem of multiple values for "tags" in XPath, and the preview showed additional lines without title, but with author(s) and one tag per line.

After some time of experiments (yeah, no XPath 2.0, no string-join) I looked in the code (I have/had no experience with Python ) and modified it:

Quote:
Code:
*** page_common.py_original	2012-09-04 15:46:32.000000000 +0200
--- page_common.py	2013-09-10 18:27:43.225779000 +0200
*** 16,21 ****
--- 16,23 ----

AUTHOR_SEPARATOR = ' & '

+ FIELDVALUES_SEPARATOR = ', '
+ 
  def parse_series(val):
      if val:
          pat = re.compile(r'\[([.0-9]+)\]')
and

Quote:
Code:
*** tab_webpage.py_original	2012-10-25 21:11:04.000000000 +0200
--- tab_webpage.py	2013-09-10 18:27:30.225779000 +0200
*** 31,36 ****
--- 31,37 ----
  from calibre_plugins.import_list.common_utils import (get_icon,
                                  ListComboBox, SizePersistedDialog)
  from calibre_plugins.import_list.page_common import AUTHOR_SEPARATOR
+ from calibre_plugins.import_list.page_common import FIELDVALUES_SEPARATOR
  from calibre_plugins.import_list.soup import BeautifulSoup
  from calibre_plugins.import_list.tab_common import (DragDropComboBox, get_templated_url,
                                  tidy_title, tidy_author, tidy_pubdate, tidy_field,
*** 794,799 ****
--- 795,802 ----
                          # If multiple values for a field, append them into a single value for this row.
                          if len(field_values) > 1 and field_name == 'authors':
                              row_name_values[field_name] = [AUTHOR_SEPARATOR.join(field_values)]
+                         elif len(field_values) > 1 and field_name != 'authors':
+                             row_name_values[field_name] = [FIELDVALUES_SEPARATOR.join(field_values)]
                          else:
                              row_name_values[field_name] = field_values
                      append_matches(row_name_values)
(diffs are attached in zip)

With this changes I was able to correctly import multiple values for tags (and all other fields I wanted to do so) with XPath.
I tested also the update of existing entries - this was ok (means: no duplicate values, missing values were added).

Perhaps this can be (configurable? checkbox?) implemented to this great plugin, if it is useful.

(I really like the possibility to fill my custom columns with data )
Attached Files
File Type: zip diffs.zip (949 Bytes, 533 views)
wolf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #73
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 3 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
Web Page Problem

I seem to be having a basic problem inserting the URL:

example using your original Joe Abercrombie example, but with Goodreads:

1. Selected Joe Abercrombie book in my calibre
2. Used Search the Internet for Goodreads by Author
URL is: http://www.goodreads.com/search?q=Joe+Abercrombie
note page lists 1-19 of 29 results
3. Opened Import List
4. on Predefined tab, selected Goodreads Shelves: Fantasy then clicked Edit
5. Copy and paste above URL into Web Page, Download from url: and then click Preview
6. That's it. Just sits there... ??? No books shown and the Next button never highlighted. Source info seems logical, xpaths are prefilled in ...

What am I doing wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Import List.JPG
Views:	689
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	111949  

Last edited by Tom SKP; 09-23-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Tom SKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #74
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
I seem to be having a basic problem inserting the URL:

example using your original Joe Abercrombie example, but with Goodreads:

1. Selected Joe Abercrombie book in my calibre
2. Used Search the Internet for Goodreads by Author
URL is: http://www.goodreads.com/search?q=Joe+Abercrombie
note page lists 1-19 of 29 results
3. Opened Import List
4. on Predefined tab, selected Goodreads Shelves: Fantasy then clicked Edit
5. Copy and paste above URL into Web Page, Download from url: and then click Preview
6. That's it. Just sits there... ??? No books shown and the Next button never highlighted. Source info seems logical, xpaths are prefilled in ...

What am I doing wrong?
Hi Tom,

Every different type of webpage needs a custom settings profile defined for it. If you compare the two web pages involved you will see that they contain significantly layout. The example I give on the front page will work on Fantastic Fiction for any Fantastic Fiction author. However I have not included with this plugin an equivalent for Goodreads, yet you are trying settings as though I had . You arem mixing a shelf results page settings with a search results page settings, hence it does not work correctly.

However it is I think an interesting suggestion that I do include an equivalent of that Fantastic Fiction profile for Goodreads, which will parse the first page of search results. That would give you exactly what you want.

Keep an eye out for a new version of the plugin, I will try to include it if it is indeed possible...
Old 09-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #75
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 3 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
Thanks Kiwidude,
I am slowly learning... I think??? and I thank you future changes....

I may have discovered a way around it:
For Goodreads, and the Fantasy genre I was as you deduced, using the Goodreads Fantasy Shelf Predefined set up.. and it failed.
Bus messing around, it appears that if I use the Goodreads Awards Hugo format it does seem work

But again, I see that with Goodreads I will get only one page, while with Fantastic Fiction I will get ALL the author's books in one shot. A better result! It appreas that the databases of the two sites are pretty equivalent. So, I will be using FF for most of my work for now on due to that reason

What I am doing is updating all my authors, and new ones, to have a choice to include a lot of their books that I did not have listed in Calibre. Your PI, as I get better at using it will save me an awful lot of work of crosschecking lists!
BTW, I used the PI last year to import my wife's extensive book list (which I had converted into a CSV) into a Calibre for her!

Thanks again
Tom SKP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
column types