Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old Today, 12:42 PM   #46
fduniho
Zealot
fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.fduniho knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle Touch, Fire, DX, Paperwhite 4; Rooted Nook ST; Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by notimp View Post
Someone should maybe mention the most important new feature that came with the update. No?
The ability to combine warm and cool lights hasn't already been mentioned?

Quote:
Well - then I do it. As mentioned in the changelog, when you venture into the the default read environment/readers settings > more settings - there is an option to enable ZReader.

ZReader is an entirely new reader engine (parser/browser), that for the first time supports html markup, and for the first time as well, supports soft hyphens.
ZReader is certainly an improvement over the old default reader. In particular, it is not running wordstogether or putting unnecessary spaces before punctuation marks , and that's a big improvement. But it is still not so good that I would give up Moon+ Reader for it. It seems to lack any ability to change the font.

Quote:
Regardless - soft-hyphens working on Boyues built in reader is kind of a big deal.
One more thing I like about Moon+ Reader is that I can turn hyphenation off. I might want hyphenation if I read German, and I'm sure soft hyphenation is good for those who want hyphenation, but I prefer no hyphenation.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote