Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-23-2019, 04:23 PM   #1
Bertt
Bertt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Connect inreach to Android E-Reader

After many years my kindle touch finally gave up, so I'm looking for a replacement.

Here's my question for ya'll. I spend a lot of time in the backcountry, and I use a garmin inreach to communicate with my wife and I use it with an app (Earthmate), to type messages out to her. As of right now that means I bring along my phone, the inreach, and my e-reader (and a battery bank).

I'm wondering if the Earthmate app will be usable on an Android based e-reader such as a Boox or a Likebook, so I could leave my phone at home.

Has anyone tried this? Or if you've got a garmin at home, could you try it before I purchase one?

I don't use the GPS or map functions (I'm an old school compass and map kinda guy) under normal circumstances, just the messaging tool, and even then only once every couple of days, so I'm not worried to much about battery life, though if anyone has done this I'd like to hear how it did effect the battery too!!

Thanks in advance!!
Bertt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, apps, earthmate, garmin, inreach