Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-22-2020, 02:52 PM   #31
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
I just bought a second UK ebook. Once it's set, it's as simple as buying any other book.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:50 PM   #32
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW 1, 2, and 3, Voyage, Oasis 2, Kindle Fire, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Lynx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I haven't tried yet. I deleted my old credit card info and thought I could just link to PayPal, but that doesn't seem to be an option in the US.

Really, there's only one book, maybe two that I'm interested in buying and are only available in the UK. So it's not top of the list.
That's weird...I'm in the US, and it's definitely an option for me. That's the only way I've ever bought books from Kobo.

Shari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-05-27 Secure Checkout - Rakuten Kobo.png
Views:	13
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	179567  

Last edited by shalym; 05-27-2020 at 09:52 PM.
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2020, 09:57 PM   #33
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
That's weird...I'm in the US, and it's definitely an option for me. That's the only way I've ever bought books from Kobo.

Shari
PayPal shows up in the pay screen at the end when I purchase books. But it is not available under My Account/Payment Information. Now I know it's no biggie. But at the time, I thought something was wrong.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:00 PM   #34
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW 1, 2, and 3, Voyage, Oasis 2, Kindle Fire, Kobo Aura HD, Onyx Lynx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
PayPal shows up in the pay screen at the end when I purchase books. But it is not available under My Account/Payment Information.
Ah...I didn't even know that there was a way to store a credit card on the site, as I've always just used PayPal.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:37 PM   #35
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Ah...I didn't even know that there was a way to store a credit card on the site, as I've always just used PayPal.

Shari
Yeah, in the end, thinking I HAD to store a card is what caused issues. Honestly, beyond that, all I did was change my country. I didn't even change my street address. Good luck finding The Woodlands, Texas in England.

Now that I understand, it really couldn't be any easier to buy books from overseas using Kobo.
Advert