Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-26-2020, 06:44 AM   #376
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Voyage, PW4
So, maybe it's too early in the morning. But does this have to be added to the source file in the patch and then the device run the patch again?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 09:15 AM   #377
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
It's not a patch? It's not a single file either?

It's a KoboRoot tarball, so, no, you'll have to handle it yourself .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2020, 10:18 AM   #378
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Voyage, PW4
Ok, well the reason I wondered is because it didn't work when I copied the file to .kobo. No big deal. I'm not running a current firmware so that could be it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:49 AM   #379
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The FW version shouldn't really matter all that much (or, at all, really).
Old 05-23-2020, 05:51 AM   #380
bansheeat
bansheeat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD Mark 4
Kobo Aura HD Problem with MiniClock

I installed the MiniClock on my Kobo Aura HD, renamed the cfg File and Time and Date are displayed in the upper left corner of the Display.
But the Time does not change at all. After a few Pages reading it stills displays the same Time.
Do I have to change some lines in cfg File ?
bansheeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2020, 06:23 AM   #381
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, StoryHD, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheeat View Post
But the Time does not change at all. After a few Pages reading it stills displays the same Time.
Last time I had this issue it was an error in the datetime format string (used %m month instead of %M minute)

Which file did you download and what's your config look like?
frostschutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:04 AM   #382
bansheeat

I used the File from post No. 311
Here is my cfg just renamed it to txt for the upload
Attached Files
File Type: txt miniclock.txt (7.4 KB, 17 views)
Old 05-23-2020, 09:02 AM   #383
MeiGuddet
MeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura (Mark 5)
Unfortunately I can't use MiniClock on my Aura (1st gen.). Within seconds, when I read, the writing fades and becomes illegible.
MeiGuddet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 11:54 AM   #384
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@bansheeat: ePubs or KePubs (or something else, e.g., CBZ)? In which language? Do you actually see it popping it off and on when you turn pages?

@MeiGuddet: Same question. Also, with what kind of config (i.e., font/position, etc. TL;DR: Post your config like @bansheeat did).
Old 05-23-2020, 01:09 PM   #385
MeiGuddet
MeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheeseMeiGuddet can extract oil from cheese

@NiLuJe: I only read epubs, German language. And yes, it's popping off and on when I turn pages.

Edit: I just realized that time only changes when I touch the display.
Attached Files
File Type: txt miniclock.txt (3.6 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by MeiGuddet; 05-23-2020 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:35 PM   #386
bansheeat

I only read Kepubs in German. Date and Time starts fine, and just stays that way. Time never changes - only when I touch the display in the upper section - to bring up the menu - then the time changes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200523_192736.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	621.2 KB
ID:	179443  
Old 05-23-2020, 01:58 PM   #387
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: H2O, GloHD, KA1, ClaraHD, Forma
@NiLuJe

I have no idea whether this is relevant to your current troubleshooting but I thought I'd mention it ...

I only recently tried out your new 'aggressive_timing' setting. It works OK on my Forma but enabling it on my ClaraHD caused the MiniClock display to keep disappearing. The Clara was fine once I disabled it again.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 03:39 PM   #388
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@MeiGuddet: So, everything working as intended, then? .

@bansheeat: Then everything's working as intended, too . Clock only updates on user interaction (button/touch).

@jackie_w: That's... interesting. I know it's wonky with ePubs because they're slower (and possibly do a double blit), but it should behave okay on KePubs, no matter the device. It's currently not installed on my Forma, but I'll give it a shot, For Science! .
Old 05-23-2020, 04:04 PM   #389
MeiGuddet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@MeiGuddet: So, everything working as intended, then? .
No, sorry, it's not working as intended. After turning a page, the display fades so much after a few seconds that the text is difficult to read.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:45 PM   #390
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@MeiGuddet: I'm confused.

When you turn a page, what should happen is that the page turns, (obviously ^^), at which point the MiniClock display has completely disappeared, and only the new page's content is visible (barring eInk ghosting, which may be plentiful on an Aura, making the issue more confusing). Then, a few dozen/hundred milliseconds *after* the new page has been shown, the MiniClock display redraws.

Now, the Aura was a special snowflake as far as how the eInk tech is handled, so the way the screen deals with that in practice may be extra wonky. But I wouldn't mind more details, and an actual picture if at all possible.

I don't think it'll change anything, but you can also try the version from #311 on the off-chance it's a weird bug I already fixed in FBInk.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-23-2020 at 04:48 PM.