Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-21-2020, 03:29 PM   #1816
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 7
One more datapoint. I have an epub (converted to kepub, don't remember kepubify or Calibre) that I purchased from LeanPub.com and it did the same thing, even after today's firmware update. It seems like doing anything with the book (such as changing the page from the cover image, closing and re-opening, etc) "fixes" the issue.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:23 PM   #1817
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Just happened again. I just opened a book that I bought on Amazon prior to receiving my Clara. It was originally an azw3 file, liberated, then converted to kepub via Calibre. When I opened the book (first time ever) and went to the TOC (via the button on the bottom left of the progress pop-up) it's on page 14 of 14.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
One more datapoint. I have an epub (converted to kepub, don't remember kepubify or Calibre) that I purchased from LeanPub.com and it did the same thing, even after today's firmware update. It seems like doing anything with the book (such as changing the page from the cover image, closing and re-opening, etc) "fixes" the issue.
Are you opening the book, the cover is displayed and then opening the ToC and it is on the last page of the ToC? Does this happen if you turn to another page before opening the ToC? And when it happens is there tick against any chapter in the ToC?

@jackie_w comments about the problems when there is not a one-to-one connection between the ToC and the internal files might be right. And some are constructed in a way that the cover is not the first file, but, will be opened. Between the spine, the guide and the NCX/NAV, different things will show a little different order. And if the cover is not in the ToC, I'm not sure what would happen.

I need to see an example. I haven't see this, and I fiddle to much with my books to have one in the state I think it needs to be in. And I'm not sure if I could create it. Anything you can point to that we can download? Or, you can use the ScrambleBook plugin to produce something that can be posted.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 05:11 AM   #1818
Smannesman
Smannesman solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.Smannesman solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo H2O
I'd love it if there was a 'Not Responding' popup that let me close the book when the reader freezes up. It's not a super common occurrence, but it'll still happen a few times a week.
And an option to 'Go to page: xxx' where you can just type in the number.
That slider is not very helpful or precise.
Smannesman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo