Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-04-2020, 01:25 PM   #1
astoriedsoul
astoriedsoul began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra
Replacement Device

If this is the wrong place to post this, I apologize. I'm new to this forum and I hate that this is my first post.

I was given the Kobo Libra as a Valentine's gift in February and noticed after a couple of months that the screen was separating from the bezel on the side where the page turn buttons are located.

I contacted Kobo about a replacement since this was covered by warranty, started that process, and sent my device back as instructed. Now, I'm sitting in an unbearable limbo waiting for my replacement to be sent.

The customer service was slightly less than stellar, and I wasn't given any kind of ETA. I found out today that I could be without a device for a month (this is really disheartening because I'm at college).

For those of you who have recently dealt with Kobo for replacements, about how quickly did you get your device back?

Thank you.
astoriedsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 01:46 PM   #2
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Blackberry Playbook, Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70
I've dealt with Kobo on a replacement in the past, and the service was stellar. Keep in mind that everything is slowed down currently thanks to the pandemic.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 03:43 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
How have you been dealing with customer support?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:07 PM   #4
astoriedsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
How have you been dealing with customer support?
I've only had the option (as far as I can tell) of talking to them with their online chat services. It appears that they've disabled their phone service because of the pandemic situation.

I'm trying to give them another week before I start to worry, as I know things in general are slower because of the current situation.
Old 05-05-2020, 07:19 AM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Some folks have had luck in reaching out via twitter to Kobo.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 01:13 PM   #6
astoriedsoul

Just an update, but I finally received my replacement device after four weeks.

Now, I'm faced with a replacement device that appears to have a dead pixel problem. Is there anyway to fix this without going through the replacement process again?