Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #16
Bookster
Maniac
Bookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enough

Device: Gen3 PRS505&600 Kindle2 Pocketbook360&302 BeBookmini Onyx Boox Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Simpaticissima. Scusa il tono sciocchino. Adesso lo porto a livello.

Buonassera Signora,
Sono felice di fare la sua conoscenza.
LOL

Buonasera signore,
il piacere è tutto mio

(a parte il piacere di finalmente avere la DPD consegnarmi l'ennesimo lettore proprio aujourd'hui )
Bookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:28 PM   #17
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookster View Post
LOL

Buonasera signore,
il piacere è tutto mio

(a parte il piacere di finalmente avere la DPD consegnarmi l'ennesimo lettore proprio aujourd'hui )
huitième lecteur , c'est magnifique, au-delà du septième sceau!

(tradotto co Google, lo capisco, lo parlo, ma scriverlo ...)
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #18
Bookster
Maniac
Bookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enough

Quote:
huitième lecteur , c'est magnifique, au-delà du septième sceau!

(tradotto co Google, lo capisco, lo parlo, ma scriverlo ...)
Per ragioni sconosciute (tipo quelle che portano a chiamare il mouse souris e il computer ordinateur al di là delle Alpi, o ad adottare la praticissima tastiera AZERTY) preferiscono chiamarlo liseuse (sìììì, come quella della nonna ). Comunque è beeeeeello. Adesso vuol essere riempito di cose anche in lingua italiana, speriamo presto! (non solo passando per i testi altrui o l'ocr, che ha il suo perché ma insomma)
Old 05-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #19
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookster View Post
Per ragioni sconosciute (tipo quelle che portano a chiamare il mouse souris e il computer ordinateur al di là delle Alpi, o ad adottare la praticissima tastiera AZERTY) preferiscono chiamarlo liseuse (sìììì, come quella della nonna ). Comunque è beeeeeello. Adesso vuol essere riempito di cose anche in lingua italiana, speriamo presto! (non solo passando per i testi altrui o l'ocr, che ha il suo perché ma insomma)
Be. Diciamo che sono particolari. I programmi li chiamano logiciel e sai la logica francese. Io li amo comunque. Persino la variante belga e svizzera. Li ammiro. Poi sono stato sposato con una del Quebec, quindi figuriamoci.

Last edited by beppe; 05-19-2010 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:33 AM   #20
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 360
Glad to find a couple of Italian ebookers here, because I am very interested in reading Italian books, particularly if I can find a decent Italian>English or Italian>Italian DICTIONARY to work inside the ereader. I have not bought a reader yet but am tending strongly toward the Pocketbook 360 precisely because it seems to have more dictionaries available -- though unfortunately so far only English>Italian.

So my question, Beppe et al., is : What ebook reader would you recommend for reading Italian with a built-in or add-on dictionary?
mdmorrissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2010, 05:57 AM   #21
Bookster
Maniac

Quote:
Be. Diciamo che sono particolari. I programmi li chiamano logiciel e sai la logica francese. Io li amo comunque. Persino la variante belga e svizzera. Li ammiro. Poi sono stato sposato con una del Quebec, quindi figuriamoci.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:01 AM   #22
Bookster
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmorrissey View Post
Glad to find a couple of Italian ebookers here, because I am very interested in reading Italian books, particularly if I can find a decent Italian>English or Italian>Italian DICTIONARY to work inside the ereader. I have not bought a reader yet but am tending strongly toward the Pocketbook 360 precisely because it seems to have more dictionaries available -- though unfortunately so far only English>Italian.

So my question, Beppe et al., is : What ebook reader would you recommend for reading Italian with a built-in or add-on dictionary?
Hi Mdmorrissey,

There's the possibility of:

1. Kindle. I'm not sure but it should have a proper IT-EN compatible (i.e. integrated with the system) sold. But I'm not quite sure about the quality/range of these ones. Reviews and stars doesn't usually point to complete satisfaction of those dictionaries.

2. The PocketBook, which can use files from this repository of free dictionaries. You have to convert the .dic file with a program supplied by Pocketbook, it's very very simple. The dictionaries aren't comparable to the "big" dictionaries, but they're in the mid-range, from what I could understand, which is the kind of dictionary somebody not making a translation of the whole text would usually use- if it's just to check the meaning of a word it's pretty fast (and I fear you wouldn't fall in better hands with Kindle's dictionaries- maybe Abbyy's, but I'd wait to know that from somebody else's experience before betting on that horse). You can also set a key (or the long pressing of a key) to open the dictionary without using the menu.

Last edited by Bookster; 05-20-2010 at 06:04 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:00 AM   #23
mdmorrissey
Addict
mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mdmorrissey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks, Bookster. The Pocketbook still sounds like the best. Ideal might be a larger screen and a stylus to just point to the words to be looked up, with a little box magically appearing with either a definition or translation, but that doesn't seem to exist (yet).
Old 05-20-2010, 06:20 PM   #24
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Hi mdmorrssey,

I am able to answer to your kind post only now. Well, thank you for the appreciation. I am quite happy of being an Italian

I found for you this tread that shows and discusses the fine art of building your own dictionary. Obviously not from scratch.

Even if you do not find in the tread the exact answer to your question it is a good starting point to move on on your quest. I think that you are right in searching for an ereader with some well defined capabilities that you value. And it is worth a few days before reaching a decision, and some dough to get what you want. Once you have it, it will be your faithfull friend for a long time. Unless, like my friend Bookster that since yesterday owns 8 readers (eight!), you are a collector. She seems to know a lot about dictionaries so you might have found the jackpot.
You could also post a precise question in this tread.

Ciao

Last edited by beppe; 05-20-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:57 AM   #25
mdmorrissey
Addict

Molte grazie, Beppe. I've bookmarked it and will return to create (perhaps) the first Italian-English mobipocket dictionary -- although if somebody beats me to it I will be happy if they post it here. I ordered the Pocketbook 360 yesterday.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #26
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Molte grazie, Beppe. I've bookmarked it and will return to create (perhaps) the first Italian-English mobipocket dictionary -- although if somebody beats me to it I will be happy if they post it here. I ordered the Pocketbook 360 yesterday.
Il piacere è tutto mio.

Have a good time with your ereader.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:52 PM   #27
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
beppe, will children's books be available? Do you know?

I desperately need to improve my Italian.

BTW I live in the USA, but my comune di cittadinanza (I'm not certain if that is the proper expression) is in NW Lombardy!
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:52 AM   #28
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post

BTW I live in the USA, but my comune di cittadinanza (I'm not certain if that is the proper expression) is in NW Lombardy!
I am sure of it. Come and join us. You are from the beautiful town of Bergamo.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:02 PM   #29
Bookster
Maniac

Quote:
I am sure of it. Come and join us. You are from the beautiful town of Bergamo.
Which I study
Old 05-31-2010, 04:27 PM   #30
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post

doreenjoy, I found the books for you!!!

but come and post with all of us.
Where is it?
click my signature

Last edited by beppe; 05-31-2010 at 04:31 PM.