Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
More Hands on with Wizpac Txtr

hands on with Txtr at Cebit 2009 (in German) shows off animation too! - Courtesy of newgadgets.de

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
Druidsbane
Druidsbane began at the beginning.

Device: txtr
All these videos just make me want to get it more They should have a loyalty program to let you get a beta earlier!
Druidsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druidsbane View Post
All these videos just make me want to get it more They should have a loyalty program to let you get a beta earlier!
Yes, or get the development environment so you can start writing your applications before the device is finished.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
What did he say? I caught...

Kindle Menu Document txtr

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
What did he say? I caught...

Kindle Menu Document txtr

BOb

Now I wish I'd dated that German girl for longer than it took me to learn the German for "It's over."

He might have said 'Kinder' which is german for child, I seem to recall. Could it be possible he was saying that it was 'easy enough for a Child to use" ? From the demo it looks that way, and I must say, out of all the e-book readers this one seems to have got it right. No extra buttons, no distractions, ergonomic, smooth, fast refresh, it's got it all.

Last edited by Moejoe; 03-09-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Advert
Old 03-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #6
S.Canton
Groupie
S.Canton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
This looks like a really great reader based on the brief video. I would love to see an English translation.
S.Canton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #7
DG25
Enthusiast
DG25 began at the beginning.

Device: none
They should make it in black.
DG25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #8
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG25 View Post
They should make it in black.
Looks simple and elegant enough for covers to be easily made for it, in a number of different colours and patterns.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:23 AM   #9
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Now I wish I'd dated that German girl for longer than it took me to learn the German for "It's over."

He might have said 'Kinder' which is german for child, I seem to recall. Could it be possible he was saying that it was 'easy enough for a Child to use" ? From the demo it looks that way, and I must say, out of all the e-book readers this one seems to have got it right. No extra buttons, no distractions, ergonomic, smooth, fast refresh, it's got it all.
No, he said Kindle, that is is the same size as the Kindle.

I like the term "daumen schwups"!

He does mention you can create a left-hand and right-hand model by just turning the device.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:53 AM   #10
Marysart
Member Retired
Marysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enoughMarysart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
No, he said Kindle, that is is the same size as the Kindle.

I like the term "daumen schwups"!

He does mention you can create a left-hand and right-hand model by just turning the device.
I think I caught: "with a smaller form factor, but better looking than the kindle"
Marysart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:18 AM   #11
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marysart View Post
I think I caught: "with a smaller form factor, but better looking than the kindle"
In a nutshell, he said: The screen has the same size as the Kindle but the reader is a lot smaller in overall size and one of the bestlooking around based on the reactions of the people that have seen it already. But this hardware is only a part of the package and forms a unit with the txtr.com site. This community based site allows to share texts via W-Lan or 3G on this engine and on others (he mentioned the Iphone). He insisted on the fast reactions of the gadget (faster than any other eink were his words). There is a touchpad (cross) on the left hand side and the "Daumen Schwups" turns pages. If I get this right, they want to be a site for the exchange of texts with added hardware support.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 03-10-2009 at 05:20 AM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:22 AM   #12
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
In a nutshell, he said: The screen has the same size as the Kindle but the reader is a lot smaller in overall size and one of the bestlooking around based on the reactions of the people that have seen it already. But this hardware is only a part of the package and forms a unit with the txtr.com site. This community based site allows to share texts via W-Lan or 3G on this engine and on others (he mentioned the Iphone). He insisted on the fast reactions of the gadget (faster than any other eink were his words). There is a touchpad (cross) on the left hand side and the "Daumen Schwups" turns pages. If I get this right, they want to be a site for the exchange of texts with added hardware support.
Hmm, my German must be better than I think, because this is about what I caught from it
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:21 AM   #13
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I continue to amazed at the speed of this thing. Definitely one to watch.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #14
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
I continue to amazed at the speed of this thing. Definitely one to watch.
Yep. I would love to have a peek at the interiors. They seem to have a technical advantage. Definitely one for igor!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #15
elena
Connoisseur
elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: CyBook Gen3
but why white? it's bad for contrast
elena is offline   Reply With Quote