Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #136
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Good news: the italics/bold KitKat bug is fixed in the most recent Moon+ Beta version. Looking forward to the regular release!
Yay!!!! Whoohoo!!! I can't wait! Thank you for keeping us updated.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #137
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Awesome news, any idea when it will be released?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #138
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Nope... gotta be patient... it wasn't working yesterday, but it is working today in the beta, so the fix should be coming soon officially.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:38 PM   #139
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PS: If any of you wish to test this on your own device (at your own risk), PM me and I'll send you the beta download link. It's the free Moon+ version, though, not the full Moon+ Pro, so I can't fully test this myself in my regular working Moon+ Pro copy, due to some fonts not being available in the free Moon+ version. The more eyes check this, the more potential, outstanding errors we can discover. I'm not familiar with some of the free fonts, and perhaps other users might discover something still amiss with italics in those fonts. My own preferred custom Moon+ fonts now look fine with italics and bold.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #140
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Thumbs up

Quote:
By the way, there is one feature that lacks customisation in Moon+, too: the size of the first-line indent. You can currently only choose "yes or no", but the current size of the first-line indent in Moon+ is too big for my taste. I wrote to Moon+ developer to request to make that size customisable, but no luck so far.
Ah, but it is there! I now also got a note from the Moon+ developer, pointing out that the option to adjust the size of first-line indent has recently been added. I never noticed in what version that happened. It's under Miscellaneous options, first-line indent option, tap the gear icon at the right side of it. There are 4 options now, and option 1 suits me perfectly -- it seems to correspond to my preferred size of first-line indent, which is around 3.5mm; I often see this size in printed books.

What a great Moon+ day! Italics & bold KitKat bug squashed, and first-line indent customisation option discovered!
Old 12-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #141
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Exclamation

Update on the italics/bold KitKat issue: it appears that Android 4.4.1 has now been released (not yet for my 2013 Nexus 7 as a standard OTA update, though), and just like the Moon+ developer predicted, it automatically resolves the italics/bold bug as visible in Moon+.

This, of course, raises the question for the Moon+ developer: should he "code around" the Android bug as he has just successfully done in the Beta version, or should he just wait for Android to resolve the bug for him. If the distribution of Android 4.4.1 drags on as much as the original 4.4 did, it could take weeks until everyone gets it.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #142
barba
Enthusiast
barba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite 1 and Nook HD+ rooted
In PDF when I swipe up or down Moon+ reader zoom in.

How I can disable this?

Thank you in advance.
barba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #143
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barba View Post
In PDF when I swipe up or down Moon+ reader zoom in.

How I can disable this?

Thank you in advance.
You could look for it in Control options.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:44 AM   #144
ailioiu
ailioiu began at the beginning.

Device: TF101
File type in Moon+

Hello people, nice to meet you!

I have a number of ebooks, some in epub format, some epub and mobi. As expected, in case of the files present in both formats, Moon+ displays the book twice on the shelf.

Is there a way to tell Moon+ to display only one file format?

Thank you
ailioiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:12 AM   #145
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ailioiu View Post
Hello people, nice to meet you!

I have a number of ebooks, some in epub format, some epub and mobi. As expected, in case of the files present in both formats, Moon+ displays the book twice on the shelf.

Is there a way to tell Moon+ to display only one file format?

Thank you
Why do you need two formats of the same book? I would delete the mobi or move them to another folder.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #146
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Ah, but it is there! I now also got a note from the Moon+ developer, pointing out that the option to adjust the size of first-line indent has recently been added. I never noticed in what version that happened. It's under Miscellaneous options, first-line indent option, tap the gear icon at the right side of it. There are 4 options now, and option 1 suits me perfectly -- it seems to correspond to my preferred size of first-line indent, which is around 3.5mm; I often see this size in printed books.

What a great Moon+ day! Italics & bold KitKat bug squashed, and first-line indent customisation option discovered!
I think 1 is perfect too - unfortunately it doesn't work well with certain things. It works when you set it to 2 or turn it off though. First screenshot is with it set to 1, 2nd is set to 2, last is off. Works with everything except my preference. It cuts off the first letter in inline toc also
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386538379861.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	116407   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386538475965.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	116408   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386538496259.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	116409  

Last edited by Purple Lady; 12-08-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #147
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Well, Purple Lady, your reading preferences are entirely different from mine, anyway. I just couldn't possibly read books that are not full-justified -- just can't stand those straggling line-ends on the right side. So, I'm unable to comment on your screenshots, because I wouldn't be reading books that way in any case.

I think "2" is really too large a first-line indent -- it's strange that it's Moon's default. "3" is quite absurd. "1" suits me perfectly in all books I've read in Moon so far. No first-line indent is unacceptable to me. (That's actually a standard for many German publishing houses, and it frustrates me a lot.)

Interesting that Moon+ gives you those "1, 2, 3, off" options for first-line indents, whereas for other layout features, you get the option to increase/decrease margins gradually with button presses, with exact numeric values being shown. Well, I'm not gonna complain about that -- that first-line indent "1" is exactly what I was missing in Moon+!
Old 12-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #148
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well, Purple Lady, your reading preferences are entirely different from mine, anyway. I just couldn't possibly read books that are not full-justified -- just can't stand those straggling line-ends on the right side. So, I'm unable to comment on your screenshots, because I wouldn't be reading books that way in any case.

I think "2" is really too large a first-line indent -- it's strange that it's Moon's default. "3" is quite absurd. "1" suits me perfectly in all books I've read in Moon so far. No first-line indent is unacceptable to me. (That's actually a standard for many German publishing houses, and it frustrates me a lot.)

Interesting that Moon+ gives you those "1, 2, 3, off" options for first-line indents, whereas for other layout features, you get the option to increase/decrease margins gradually with button presses, with exact numeric values being shown. Well, I'm not gonna complain about that -- that first-line indent "1" is exactly what I was missing in Moon+!
But does it work correctly for you? That first screenshot shows the first letters missing on all the links when I use 1 which makes it pretty useless.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #149
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Question

I haven't encountered that issue myself so far. Of course, I only discovered the feature the other day, so it's too early to tell. I checked a book of mine with ToC inserted in the text, though, and there are no cut-off letters for me there. Could well be some non-standard coding in your particular book(s) where this occurs for you?
Old 12-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #150
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I haven't encountered that issue myself so far. Of course, I only discovered the feature the other day, so it's too early to tell. I checked a book of mine with ToC inserted in the text, though, and there are no cut-off letters for me there. Could well be some non-standard coding in your particular book(s) where this occurs for you?
I just saw a second book today with this problem. For the one in the screen shot it's built from Calibre news feed. The one I found today was a library book so it's two totally different sources.

Here's why I use left justify - the huge spaces between words on most lines is just too difficult to read.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1386540790105.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	116412