Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Giveaway Blog Tour

KINDLE GIVEAWAY BLOG TOUR (now with 20 Kindles!)

Author Scott Nicholson and Amazon are giving away two Kindles as part of his fall book blog tour from September through November. A Kindle DX will be given away through the participating blogs, and a Kindle 3 will be given away through the tour newsletter. A Pandora's Box of free ebooks will be given away through Nicholson's "hauntedcomputer" Twitter account.

"The digital era coincides with Act II of my career," Nicholson said. "The Kindle has broadened many people's horizons and given readers more power than ever, and this is an opportunity to celebrate them and the book bloggers who spread the word. "

Nicholson is author 12 novels and three story collections, as well as four comics series and six screenplays. His paranormal thrillers "The Red Church," "Drummer Boy" and "Speed Dating with the Dead" have all hit #1 in the Kindle "Ghosts" category.

As a bonus, if Nicholson hits the Top 100 in the U.S. or U.K. Kindle Store during the tour between Sept. 1 and Nov. 30, he will give away an extra Kindle 3 through the blogs. Sign up for the newsletter at scottsinnercircle-subscribe@yahoogroups.com to get daily links to the participating blogs. Winners will be selected at the Watauga County (NC) Public Library in December. No purchase necessary, and the contest is international. Co-sponsored by Kindle Nation Daily and Dellaster Design. Details at www.hauntedcomputer.com.

Last edited by Scott Nicholson; 10-03-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
tbrookside
Connoisseur
tbrookside has learned how to buy an e-book online

Do I have to have a Yahoo account to sign up for the group?
Old 08-25-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author
Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scott Nicholson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

no Thomas, it can go to whatever email address you like!

Good luck. Man, it's hard to give stuff away for free!

Scott
Old 09-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author

Blog tour starts today

Don't know if this counts as "illegal bumping" but this is the last reminder--blog tour starts today, two OR three Kindles to give away, and a Pandora's Box of free e-books. Thanks and good luck and have fun!

http://www.hauntedcomputer.com/blogtour.htm

Scott
Old 09-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author

meet paranormal writer Zoe Winters

Zoe Winters is a cool indie author who writes paranormal romance and she's giving away a Kindle! As well as a book. You can meet her today at my blog and find out how to win. One thing about Zoe, she doesn't waste your time! And she writes smokin' furry sex scenes, if you're into that kind of thing:

http://hauntedcomputer.blogspot.com

And I am at her blog today, continuing the Kindle giveaway tour, simply comment to be entered for a DX and maybe a Kindle 3 (if I crack the Top 100).

http://zoewinters.wordpress.com

Free Kindles. Cheap ebooks. Everybody wins.

Scott
Old 09-05-2010, 12:08 PM   #6
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
A paranormal writer who writes paranormal romance?

How does that work? No need to use a keyboard or the romances all become true?

Old 09-10-2010, 12:49 PM   #7
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author

channeling

Yes, Adoby, Zoe is dead and simply channels books through the keyboard! And I keep ALL the money. Bwahahahah

Seriously (or maybe not) today's stop on the Kindle DX Giveaway Blog Tour is http://www.rexreadingrobot.com

Don't foregt the easy one-stop entry for a Kindle 3--subscribe to the newsletter. Thanks!

Scott
Old 09-10-2010, 11:46 PM   #8
MosesSiregarIII
Writer, Reader, Conquerer
MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

I think the link isn't working, Scott. You have it ending in .htm instead of .com
Old 09-20-2010, 12:52 PM   #9
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author

Day #20: Luxury Reading

Why not stop by and enter to win a Kindle DX by commenting today at
http://luxuryreading.com/scottnicholson/

If you're interested in ghost hunting, you might be interested in the post. Other tour stops are listed int he sidebar at http://hauntedcomputer.blogspot.com

Thanks and good luck. And thanks, Moses, for pointing out the broken link.

Scott
Old 09-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #10
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author

Today's stop is about e-books!

http://www.crazy-for-books.com

Scott
Old 09-24-2010, 07:17 PM   #11
MosesSiregarIII
Writer, Reader, Conquerer
MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.MosesSiregarIII writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Scott, you've said some pessimistic things about the future of ebooks recently. Can you explain some of your thinking on that?
Old 09-30-2010, 01:05 PM   #12
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author

I don't see anything I've said as pessimistic, Moses. I simply think bookstores will die and there will be millions of ebooks and the prices will be rock bottom. Where's the bad news in that? (Well, I guess it is bad for publishers, distributors, and bookstore owners but great for almost everyone else)

Today's stop is http://www.spellboundbybooks.com

And for October, I've upped the stakes--one extra Kindle giveaway for EACH of my books that cracks the Top 100.

Scott
Old 10-01-2010, 08:20 AM   #13
fedora
Connoisseur
fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!fedora rocks like Gibraltar!

I'm really enjoying your tour, Scott. Very well done.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #14
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author

Supersized Kindle Tour! Up to 20 free kindles!

I've monster-sized the Kindle Blog Tour, and I'm giving away an extra Kindle 3 for each of my books that cracks the Top 100 in the Kindle UK or US stores.

(The Red Church is hovering around #160-170 as of this writing): http://www.amazon.com/The-Red-Church.../dp/B0032FPYD8

Same rules apply, just with extra Kindles given away through the participating blogs. Two months left to get crazy!

http://hauntedcomputer.blogspot.com

or
http://www.hauntedcomputer.com/blogtour.htm

Good luck and thanks for spreading the word!

Scott
Old 12-22-2010, 10:30 AM   #15
Scott Nicholson
Scott Nicholson, author

Indie Author vs. Major Publisher

It was one year ago today, Dec. 22, that I finally decided to try this "e-book thing" I'd heard all the kids raving about. I figured I would put up an old novella, Burial to Follow, and hardly anyone would notice, especially those peers I was so worried about.

And I sold two copies as 2009 drew to a close, but I also uploaded The Red Church. In January, when the price was $1.99 and I was making a 35 percent royalty, I sold 67 copies of Red Church and 12 of Burial to Follow. The next month, I sold 413 copies combined. In March, I sold 771 copies as I added another book. It still wasn't much money, but it began to look reasonable and I softened my stance on self-publishing.

April took me a step back to 667 copies total. March moved up to 793, followed by 1,119 in June, 1,152 in July, and back down to 1,146 in August, when Amazon's 70 percent royalty kicked in and I raised some prices to $2.99.

September made a nice little jump, to 1,949 copies, and my first United Kingdom sales trickled in. October saw the first significant surge, up to 2,799 copies. November got crazy when Disintegration broke into the Kindle Top 100, reaching as high as #30 overall. For the month, I sold 12,422 Kindle e-books.

I'll be down for December, as Disintegration did its inevitable cooling, and as of last night I had 5,810 sales for the month to date. All these numbers are for Kindle e-books in the U.S. only. More books than I sold in any NY year except my first. More money made than in any of them.

In my first full year in the Scott Nicholson industry, I sold 29,120 copies on the U.S. Kindle. I'm not laying out these numbers to brag or send anyone scurrying to measure themselves against me--there are plenty doing way better than me. But I have a pretty nice level that works for me and is easy to sustain and build, and that's all any writer should seek.

After six books in NY, I like this way a lot better!

Full analysis at my blog

Scott
Closed Thread

Tags
free ebooks, hauntedcomputer, indie author success, indie books, kindle bestsellers, kindle giveaway, publishing industry