Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 10:36 AM   #1
milang
milang began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Unhappy does not charge at all

I have huge problem with my PRS-600 which does not charge. It's a brand new device unfortunatelly bought abroad and I can't have it services in my home country.

Rreader does not charge at all ( i tried different computers by USB) and even bought new wall charger. When it's on the power red light is on. But when I disconnect it does within 3 seconds "Low Batter Warning!"

Do you know whether this can be resolved somehow ? I'm ready to replace the batterry but I'm only able to find breplace batteries for PRS-500's would this fit into my 600 ?
milang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Charging through USB port can be problematic: when it enters sleep mode or is shut off the reader isn't charged at all. Plus, if the battery's too empty it won't be able to charge it.

What kind of charger did you buy? If it's one with an USB plug it won't work. You need to get a PSP charger (doesn't have to be Sony) with a round tip. If you haven't got one maybe family or a friend has one you can borrow.

If it still doesn't want to charge I would contact Sony in your country anyway to see if they can help, you never know (although with Sony I wouldn't get my hopes up).

Good luck!
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 05:31 AM   #3
milang

no luck

I'm using original charger with round tip.

SONY in my country does not support e-readers. It's not being sold here (slovakia)

UK where I bought it it's not an option. They don't want to ship device abroad (althoug within EU)

I noticed that it's possible to change the batterry of other devices. Anybody have some experience with it on PRS-600 ?
Old 08-20-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
You don't say how long you've tried to charge... if you haven't done so then I'd put on wall charger for at least 24 hours and also do a reset as well...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
milang

it was on charger for longer than 24 hours. I've tried to restart it several times. When unplugged it dies in couple of seconds with "no battery" warning.

I'm afraid the only option left for me is to replace the battery myself. Otherwise I just wasted 300 EURO and expensive leather case for not functioning piece
Advert

Tags
battery, charging, problem, prs-600