Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Want Your Pic on FeedBooks?

I've noticed that a lot of people are using the standard auto-generated avatars on feedbooks, and I'm wondering if it's because they don't know how to get their preferred pic up there? Although I did consider the 'don't care' option too

Anyhow, because it puzzled me for a while, I thought I'd post steps:

- Go to http://gravatar.com
- If it doesn't recognise you (happens if you're all over the internet and have cookies enabled, like me), create an account (Log in to or Sign up for Gravatar -> Sign up)
- Give it the email address with which you signed up to feedbooks. Or if you're like me and can't remember, give it one of the emails with which you sign up to sites, confirm the email that it'll send, then click Add an email address to associate another with the same account
- Upload a pic
- Wait a few minutes

In theory, you'll now have a custom avatar appearing on Feedbooks. And possibly half a dozen other places.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
I've noticed that a lot of people are using the standard auto-generated avatars on feedbooks, and I'm wondering if it's because they don't know how to get their preferred pic up there? Although I did consider the 'don't care' option too

Anyhow, because it puzzled me for a while, I thought I'd post steps:

- Go to http://gravatar.com
- If it doesn't recognise you (happens if you're all over the internet and have cookies enabled, like me), create an account (Log in to or Sign up for Gravatar -> Sign up)
- Give it the email address with which you signed up to feedbooks. Or if you're like me and can't remember, give it one of the emails with which you sign up to sites, confirm the email that it'll send, then click Add an email address to associate another with the same account
- Upload a pic
- Wait a few minutes

In theory, you'll now have a custom avatar appearing on Feedbooks. And possibly half a dozen other places.
I was just this minute wondering about that Thanks I wouldn't have had a clue

EDIT: Worked like a charm

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-17-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I was just this minute wondering about that Thanks I wouldn't have had a clue

EDIT: Worked like a charm
Yay! :

Yeah, I was looking through feedbooks for instructions the other day, couldn't find a thing... but had a vague memory of reading something about them using gravatars when I signed up, so managed to work it out.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
Kevin Gerard
Kevin Gerard
Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin Gerard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Can I ask what feedbooks is?

Thanks -- ..
Kevin Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Just a short and sweet answer...

Free downloads of public domain ebooks and host to many of our MR author's ebooks...

http://www.feedbooks.com/

MR author PJ Lyon (Moejoe) is one..

http://www.feedbooks.com/userbooks/r...yon&user=26065

Also ebooks by other MR authors..see my signature for a list of a few of them (some use smashwords.com and some are hosted on their own websites or here on MR)..

If I didn't correctly explain this could another member chime in and correct or add to my answer?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Gerard View Post
Can I ask what feedbooks is?

Thanks -- ..
It's only Manor from Heaven, it's only the writer's best friend, it's only as smooth as butter and sweetly smelling as a summer rose.

Okay, so I like it...a lot...
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:59 AM   #7
nomesque

Yup, what they said
Old 08-26-2009, 10:42 AM   #8
dadioflex
Dyslexic Count
dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dadioflex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Advent Vega, iPad, iPod Touch, Kindle
Edit.

Last edited by dadioflex; 12-15-2010 at 06:58 PM.
dadioflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #9
Moxie Mezcal
Human Fly
Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Moxie Mezcal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPad
Thank you! I was wondering how some people were lucky enough to get a custom picture like that. One would think Feedbooks would make reference to these instructions on their site.
Moxie Mezcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:08 PM   #10
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
I looked at Gravatar recently, because there are a number of forums I read now that seem to be using them. Seems a little ironic that they don't have an openid login, considering the nature of the product.
Heh - good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Mezcal View Post
Thank you! I was wondering how some people were lucky enough to get a custom picture like that. One would think Feedbooks would make reference to these instructions on their site.
You're welcome! It's probably just been overlooked in the FAQ, I guess. It's hard to catch everything that users will want to know.