Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-21-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
Pandora Moon
Pandora Moon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Greetings from England

Hi. I have been lurking on this site for a month or two now and decided to join up. I don't have an e-reader yet as to be honest I'm waiting for colour e-ink but I really love the idea of keeping your books in one place for a few reasons.

1. it would get my mum of my back about how much room my books take up
2. Since I'm the only bookworm in the family it means I don't have easy access to bookstores so if I had the e-reader it would mean less waiting around
3. traveling. As I have been in a situation where I was on a boring holiday and I only had 2 books to read now if I had an e-reader I would've been alright as I could've just re-read some books on the device.

I would add my wishlist for my ideal e-reader but I think I remember seeing a thread about that somewhere I just can't remember where so it's time to do some searching.
Pandora Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
There's one thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=ideal+ereader

But lots of others on a similar theme around, and lots of information in the forums and the wiki about different readers. I'm sure you'll find lots of information while you're waiting!

One of the reasons I got my sony was because I didn't have any more space for paper books and now I prefer reading on my sony.
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2009, 05:37 PM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Hi and welcome, Pandora Moon (from a fellow Brit)
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Pandora Moon and welcome to MobileRead. Be sure and let us know which reader you finally decide on
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #5
Pandora Moon
Pandora Moon began at the beginning.

Device: none
thanks for all the welcomes everybody and I'll be sure to let ya know what e-reader I go for. although it might a long while yet. but I am having fun researching them so I have an idea of what I do or don't want in a e-reader.
Pandora Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2009, 06:18 PM   #6
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Hi Pandora Moon! Hope you enjoy the banter!
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:29 AM   #7
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to the board! I'm sure you'll find lots of information here to help you in your choice. I love my reader for some of the reasons you mentioned (although my "mum" is more of a book collector than me- I use the library almost exclusively! And she lives a few thousand miles away, so she doesn't know what is in my house anyway...)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote