Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
loromo
loromo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Operation failed due to an error

Hi everyone, I just got my Sony reader PRS-505. I have been transfering some books but I see that DOC files with size greater than 2 MB failed on the transfer. I got error message: "Operation failed due to an error". Is this a limitation for the reader?? Or something is wrong with it?? Thanks
loromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
That shouldn't be a problem. I've got books of 7 or 8MB.

But you need to tell us more. How are you transferring the books? (via the Sony Ebook Library software? Via SD care? Via Calibre?)
And what format are these books? LRF, Doc, or RTF?

Oh, and welcome to the forum.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Convert the DOC files to RTF and then use Book Designer or Calibre to convert to LRF and then send it to your 505 and you'll be golden.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote