Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
henryhallan
Henry Hallan
henryhallan began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
The Fall of the Sea People fantasy: free giveaways

Hi,

The first two volumes of my five-volume pre-historical fantasy, "The Fall of the Sea People", are on giveaway.

It's a story of a Celtic Atlantis -- Tir na nOg, Hy Brasil, Avalon -- in its last days. Plato tells us that the Atlanteans fell into decadence and defied the gods, and so were destroyed. In keeping with Plato's traditions, it follows the structure of a Greek tragedy, with the hubris of the central characters inviting an inevitable nemesis.

I got two volumes out last year and I hope to get two more out this year. I'm having great fun writing it and I hope you will have fun reading it.

Now, the giveaways.

Firstly to have a chance of winning them on good old-fashioned squashed trees, go over to GoodReads and enter the giveaway there. It closes on Saturday 5th January.

GoodReads giveaway of both Venus and the Sea People and Hermes and the Sea People.

Secondly, since Mark Coker made his deadline to allow direct ePub uploads in 2012 (with whole hours to spare!) this series will be on Smashwords this weekend. That means that it is now listed for its first and only Amazon giveaway: until Saturday the first volume, "Venus and the Sea People", is on free download.

Venus and the Sea People on Amazon.

As many of you know, as soon as it goes on Smashwords distribution it will no longer qualify for Amazon giveaways, so this is the last chance to start reading on Amazon for free.

And for the rest of you who don't read on Kindles ... see you next week!
henryhallan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
atlantis