Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-04-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
dpom
dpom began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Boox M92 freezed

Two weeks ago my Boox M92 stopped working. It remains in "Reading The World" screen and it doesn't react to buttons or reset.

The battery was almost full when it stops. I left plugged in 12 hours and tried the reset procedure described at
https://www.onyx-boox.com/support/1-...x-boox-m-reset
but without any success. I repeated the operation several times.

Every time I try to charge it, orange light comes on for a while but the e-reader remains inert.

Any ideas on how to get it to unfreeze?
dpom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
geronimo
Banned
geronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trolls

Device: several
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpom View Post
Two weeks ago my Boox M92 stopped working. It remains in "Reading The World" screen and it doesn't react to buttons or reset.

The battery was almost full when it stops. I left plugged in 12 hours and tried the reset procedure described at

Every time I try to charge it, orange light comes on for a while but the e-reader remains inert.

Happened to me too after one week. I took the option to return the device.
The shop owner told me all he had to do was to charge the reader and everything was fine.
I insisted to be refunded - and live happily ever after.
geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpom View Post

I know this is very silly, but are you sure you are using correct "hole"? You should use the one on the BACKSIDE of the device, not the one on the bottom, next to headphone socket. The latter is not a reset socket.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #4
dpom
dpom began at the beginning.

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
I know this is very silly, but are you sure you are using correct "hole"? You should use the one on the BACKSIDE of the device, not the one on the bottom, next to headphone socket. The latter is not a reset socket.
yes, I used the backside hole, and is not a silly observation because the reset is not an obvious one
dpom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:20 AM   #5
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
Hi Dan, there's another thread about the M92 Frozen issue that's similar to yours, with various ways to fix it, including a firmware update. Check it out here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=168842
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOnyx View Post
Hi Dan, there's another thread about the M92 Frozen issue that's similar to yours, with various ways to fix it, including a firmware update. Check it out here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=168842
I guess this link will be more helpful: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=171640&page=3

I suggest you also to contact your vendor directly, if nothing works...
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #7
rolexconfuse
Connoisseur
rolexconfuse began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
All this random freezing is starting to get me worried. I have the M92 for only 2 days so far and everything works fine but I'm wondering if this will happen to me eventually. Being how expensive the M92 is I hate to be stuff in a position where the device literally becomes a brick.
rolexconfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:34 AM   #8
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

I have M92 for almost 4 months, I use it daily and no problems. It would be nice if the new firmware improves user interface (and removes some for me unimportant bugs), but the stability of the product is (in my opinion) better than most of current IT items.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
ragasol
ragasol began at the beginning.

Device: onyxboox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I guess this link will be more helpful: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=171640&page=3

I suggest you also to contact your vendor directly, if nothing works...
Hi:

I have updated using the "special" firmware, and my device works fine now. It solved the calibration problem that I had too.

Thank you
ragasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #10
rolexconfuse
Connoisseur
rolexconfuse began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
was anyone doing anything special when this who frozen thing started to happen?
rolexconfuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #11
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
We have had two customers who have encountered the unrecoverable freezing problem problem as of May 1st, 2012. When they sent it back to us, one of the devices had already recovered, so I just reflashed the device. The other one was unrecoverable and had to be sent back to the manufacturer. I believe it is a hardware issue.
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote