Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #16
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
And I thought I was the only one who see's a need for both <i> & <em> and <b> & <strong>.

I routinely utilise all of them, depending on if it is symantic or document structure. This way I can better control the file.

e.g. a ship name needs to be in italics as you are not emphasising the name. So I'd expect a sentence to be like: "This is <em>not</em> HMS <i>Warspite</i>." This way I can immediately see which elements are being stressed, and which are structure.

So for me, bold and italic buttons need to be using bold and italic tags. I'd also like to have emphasis and strong buttons as well in Sigil, so that I can directly apply the correct tag instead of having the scan the file afterwards and may the switch to the other tags where needed.

On a side note, John, is there any likelyhood that the buttons will ever be made to work in code view?
Yes, I admit, of all the "quickie" requests that get made, this is one I wish I had. I'm spoiled by the ability to use all the wondrousness that is NoteTab Pro, being able to wrap selected text in tags. I wouldn't mind this one, or the ability in general, and it is bloody handy for editing existing ePUBs. We do most of our cleaning in PERL and/or NTP; but for the inevitable, ubiquitous, never-bloody-ending (can you tell I'm desperate for Xmas to get here and be over with?) copyedits, it would be useful, as none of us work in BV.

Thx.
Hitch
Hitch is online now   Reply With Quote