Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 10-14-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
Keyboard options on rooted NC

I was wondering what keyboards you use on your NC? I hate the stock keyboard and can't find the gingerbread keyboard I usually use on my phone.

Is Smart Keyboard worth it? I have never used it before.

I can't seem to find dolphin hd browser either. I am sure I had it last time I rooted.

Last edited by Care; 10-14-2011 at 01:19 PM.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Yes, there are a few really good keyboards on the android market that are better than the stock Android keyboard.

The ones I use the most on the Nook is FlexT9 and SwiftKey X(get the tablet version)

The FlexT9 has both gestures and swiping input methods. Personally I think the swiping text input is better on FlexT9 than than on Swype--and that says a lot. I don't use the gestures at all. I've found using the swyping is just much faster than the gestures.

SwiftKey X is a predictive text style of keyboard. It monitors what you type and starts prediction based on words you use. It not only auto fills the words your typing but also suggests the next word you will most likely type. You can also accelerate it's prediction by giving it access to your SMS, email, Facebook and Twitter account.(I didn't but many folks do).

Many folks also swear by SwiftKey and claim it's the best keyboard. I find I like FlexT9 much more because the swiping features is much faster than typing with two thumbs. However I do find myself often switching between the two keyboards.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2011, 10:01 PM   #3
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Thanks.

I can't seem to get any keyboards to install. I mean it says they are installed. and when I go to copy/paste like it says to to system/app it says it can't and it is a read only file. I have tried everything I can think of. I have searched xda threads and come up with nothing that works. This whole thing is becoming more problem then it is worth. All I want is a nice browser and keyboard. That is all I care about. At least way back with 1.0 the keyboard would capitalize I and throw the ' in contractions for you, now you don't even get that. It sucks.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I had forgotten how much of a pain stock nook was and is. I've been using CM7 for months now, and I don't experience those limitations.

I believe the workaround for the nook was to copy the keyboard apk to the system directory. Then reboot.
However that required another app like Root Explorer because you had to change the system directory to read/write before you could copy over the file.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:30 AM   #5
Care
Aes Sedai

My problem is I can't get RE to show up on the market (even dolphin doesn't) and I did everthing mentioned to get it all back, even changed the lcd density, but so far no luck.

I had cm7 on sd, but I preferred the stock reader, home, and library. I mostly use my NC as a reader but I do like to browse the web when I am too lazy to get my laptop. Right now I am using Opera mini which I used to use years ago so I am used to it. Now I really just need a decent keyboard. I'm going to mess around a bit more to see if I can get root explorer to show up. Thanks.
Advert
Old 10-15-2011, 11:33 AM   #6
magicmonster
Groupie
magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.magicmonster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color, & Dell Axim X50v
the amazon market has it
http://www.amazon.com/Speed-Software...8692757&sr=1-1
magicmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
Care
Aes Sedai

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmonster View Post
I know that is is supposed to be there but market wasn't showing me all of my apps. I finally got it to show RE (but still no dolphin hd), but had to reset again due to boot loop. I started another thread here because I am having so many problems.