Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #1
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Question Audible and Amazon

Six years ago I bought an iPod and got a free audiobook from Audible.com with it; choose the longest one, Anna Karinena. Never bought any other audiobooks.
When I bought my Kindle, guess what, Anna Karenina turned up on it and I can't delete it, as I don't see it on my Manage you Kindle.
I want Anna off my Kindle forever.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
with the the audible book underlined use the 5 way and left arrow to remove the book.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, but I tried that and it keeps turning up like some bugvirus.
It goes to "archived", together with " your first listen", which I didn't want either on my Kindle. And from archived to home and back.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #4
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Yes it will move to archived that is normal
that is because you have your audible account and log in tied to your amazon account
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #5
desertblues
Home for the moment

But I never bought an audiobook at Audible. I guess I have to contact Audible to end whatever association I seem to have with them. I didn't realise Amazon is that close to Audible. Thanks.
Advert
Old 10-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #6
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Audible got bought by Amazon a couple years ago and they're integrating it into their main store. Eventually you'll be able to purchase and download audiobooks seamlessly to your Kindle. They've already got some preliminary support as you've found out.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:35 PM   #7
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
Audible got bought by Amazon a couple years ago and they're integrating it into their main store. Eventually you'll be able to purchase and download audiobooks seamlessly to your Kindle. They've already got some preliminary support as you've found out.
Thanks, that solves a part of the riddle for me. It still would have been nice to have known though; I was quite surprised at the appearance of a 6-year old audiobook on my Kindle.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:58 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Thanks, that solves a part of the riddle for me. It still would have been nice to have known though; I was quite surprised at the appearance of a 6-year old audiobook on my Kindle.
Was it on your Kindle, or just showing up in the archive?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #9
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Are Kindle Owners in the UK going to get access to Audiable Books on thier Kindle's anytime soon ???
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #10
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Was it on your Kindle, or just showing up in the archive?
I think it showed up, together with ' My first listen' in the archived items on my Kindle, but I didn't and doesn't show up on the Kindle for Mac/iPad, I used to read on before I had my Kindle. Also it is nowhere to be seen on the Manage my Kindle page at amazon.com.
I really had to think a while before I made the link with the free ebook 6 years ago, at the time I bought an iPod.

edit: Kevin, I don't want audible books on my Kindle. I want to get rid of them.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:17 PM   #11
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Since the thread seems generic I hope that I'm not hijacking it.

But I got an offer of two free Audible books from Amazon with a new subscription - then I supposedly can cancel almost immediately and not be held to any further purchases.

Anyone take advantage of this offer? How good is what I will call the Audible system on the K3?

And finally, got any suggestions on two free titles that would make this whole endeavor worth doing? Either great audible (audio) renditions or pricy books worth having in audible format?

Thanks in advance.

(oh, and if I do this, I may then be interested in how to solve the OP's question about getting them off the device)
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #12
desertblues
Home for the moment

Well; at the time I choose the longest free audible book, Anna Karenina = 4 parts, a long and good read. I didn't get pushed by Audible to buy something after downloading the free book.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:40 PM   #13
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I believe the offer I got requires a signup and then cancellation. So I want to be careful but thanks for the recommendation.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:10 PM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
I think it showed up, together with ' My first listen' in the archived items on my Kindle, but I didn't and doesn't show up on the Kindle for Mac/iPad, I used to read on before I had my Kindle. Also it is nowhere to be seen on the Manage my Kindle page at amazon.com.
I really had to think a while before I made the link with the free ebook 6 years ago, at the time I bought an iPod.

edit: Kevin, I don't want audible books on my Kindle. I want to get rid of them.
Forgive me if you're aware of this already, but, just to make it clear, items in the archive are not on your Kindle; they are on Amazon's (or, in this case, Audible's) server, available to be downloaded to your Kindle if you wish.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #15
desertblues
Home for the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Forgive me if you're aware of this already, but, just to make it clear, items in the archive are not on your Kindle; they are on Amazon's (or, in this case, Audible's) server, available to be downloaded to your Kindle if you wish.
Yes, I'm aware of it, but I don't want this audiobook, without my say-so, to appear on my Kindle at all, and also not a ' your first listen'. I'll mail Audible to please remove my name from whatever list they share with Amazon or whatever other company. I think it's the not-to-be-asked-before that's making me a bit vexed.
All meant well, perhaps, but I don't need a 6 year old free audiobook to follow me to the ends of the earth. ( metaphorically speaking, that is).

Edit: perhaps I'm just taking me and my Kindle too serious.

Last edited by desertblues; 10-16-2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: grammar, grammar and haste

Tags
audible