Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-30-2009, 12:24 PM   #61
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
pdf's seem to be removed.
Indeed. I guess that confirms they were the real deal
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: pdf 988960101_sm.pdf
File Type: pdf 988960201_sm.pdf
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #62
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Bah, you know what I mean! I still have problems with terminology...
You just keep making all the mistakes you want, Verencat!

Sardonicly berating JSWolf is quickly becoming my primary source of karma!

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #63
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
They're service manuals, not user manuals. As such, they provide information about the hardware only--there's really nothing about the software side of things. If they're releasing these models any time this year, then it's safe to say that the hardware design is finalized and that the service manuals should be considered reliable.
I never got the chance to view them as the links are now unusable. I had to go by what the posters were saying. But even if the hardware is finalized, the software might not be.

I will say that if they have a wireless feature, which these two models do not seem to, then they have to be FCC approved. You can monitor the FCC web sites to check for any new products being approved with wireless capability.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #64
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Indeed. I guess that confirms they were the real deal
Thank you igorsk! That was really professional journalism to archive this as soon as you saw it.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #65
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
There is a stylus on page 11 of the 600.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #66
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Another tidbit: it seems PRS-300 will come with a "sleeve" instead of the usual "soft cover".
...and PRS-600 accessories list mentions "4-153-319-01 POUCH, CARRYING".
Old 07-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #67
igorsk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
There is a stylus on page 11 of the 600.
Yes, the touch screen is mentioned in several other places.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #68
Holden
Enthusiast
Holden began at the beginning.

Device: cybook, kindle3
First of all, I'm very impressed by your ability in finding out what Sony employees themselves probably ignore. If I were an electronic manufacturer interested in ereader devices, I would probably hire some of you. But they might be doing it for free, and I presume that Sony is constantly checking what we say on these pages.
I have a question: for what i have understood, Sony 505 is universally acknowledged as a top ereader. Could you, Sony, please keep its production? We don't need a new model avery five months. Improve it with an unbreakable screen and a better resolution. That's all we need.
I was going to buy a Sony 505 in September and now i think I'll wait, but I will be disappointed if my choice is between a 300, no slots & a smaller screen, and a 600 with a touch screen I am not interested in.
Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #69
komugi
Zealot
komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.komugi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Surface Pro 3, HTC 10, Kobo Aura H2O
Is that switch on the bottom a light switch? Or just some marking?
komugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:02 PM   #70
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
What's the purpose of the 600 model?
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:06 PM   #71
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
Sardonicly berating JSWolf is quickly becoming my primary source of karma!
Not to mention great fun :-)
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:06 PM   #72
Kostas
Still wondering why
Kostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-booksKostas has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS 505, (BlackBerry Bold ?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden View Post
I have a question: for what i have understood, Sony 505 is universally acknowledged as a top ereader. Could you, Sony, please keep its production? We don't need a new model avery five months.
Just got a PRS 505, but it's already a 2 years old model, AFAIK...

Last edited by Kostas; 07-30-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:07 PM   #73
igorsk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by komugi View Post
Is that switch on the bottom a light switch? Or just some marking?
If you mean PRS-600, it's shown upside-down on some diagrams (see the comment "top side"). So that's a power switch. Otherwise please clarify what you mean...
Old 07-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #74
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
I admittedly didn't read all the posts in the thread but...um...no card reader in one of them? :O

And when are they gonna address the real-estate issue? These new readers look tweaked and recycled more than anything. A bit refined on the board, some new parts, minimal redesign fuss.

I can imagine people claiming the extra area below the screen is good for gripping the reader, but if I'm gonna get a 5" screen, I want the reader itself to be not much more than the screen. I find myself tempted to trim down paper books that have massive margins, and a screen with a big bezel and lots of wasted space seems a bit tragic.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #75
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I hope they release it in another color beside that ugly pinkish red!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote