Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 11-14-2013, 12:27 AM   #631
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayahon77 View Post
Hello, I am sorry for my poor English (I am a Japanese..),
but I am wondering if someone help me.
I downloaded K2pdfopt software last september
and I was very happy it worked so well.

But as I tried convert a pdf file for a kindle paperwhite yesterday,
the converted file was rejected by pdf viewer, saying "the file is broken."

I thought the program was failed somehow, so deleted it
and tried download new one from Mr. willus's site again.
But this time, it could not be downloaded.
I tried another version, but it couldn't either.

I have been using windows7, I mean I have not changed OS or computer.
Thanks for reading.
Keep trying. The site is in transition (I just switched hosters) and should be working correctly again soon as the new nameserver info propagates.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #632
agelos100
Enthusiast
agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: kindle
Conversion Problem

Hello Willus,

Most of the time, I am facing a problem when using fit-with mode.

It is not annoying or it does not make reading a problem, but I am really curious about it...

I enclose source and output file. Please check in output file the gap at the bottom of pages 1,2,3,5,9,12,13.

There is also a shorter gap at the top of pages 1,5,14.

Sometimes (but not in this example) there are both long gaps at both top and bottom at the same page.

Any idea why is that happening?

Command-line version of options:
-mode fw -gui+ -ls-

Thank you
Angelos
Attached Files
File Type: pdf source file.pdf (551.4 KB, 192 views)
File Type: pdf source file_k2opt.pdf (557.6 KB, 185 views)
agelos100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #633
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelos100 View Post
Hello Willus,

It is not annoying or it does not make reading a problem, but I am really curious about it...

I enclose source and output file. Please check in output file the gap at the bottom of pages 1,2,3,5,9,12,13.

Sometimes (but not in this example) there are both long gaps at both top and bottom at the same page.

Command-line version of options:
-mode fw -gui+ -ls-

Thank you
Angelos
I'll look into it when I get a chance. Thanks for the files.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #634
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Downloads working again

The downloads on willus.com have been fixed and work again.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #635
kayahon77
kayahon77 got an A in P-Chem.kayahon77 got an A in P-Chem.kayahon77 got an A in P-Chem.kayahon77 got an A in P-Chem.kayahon77 got an A in P-Chem.kayahon77 got an A in P-Chem.kayahon77 got an A in P-Chem.kayahon77 got an A in P-Chem.kayahon77 got an A in P-Chem.kayahon77 got an A in P-Chem.kayahon77 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
The downloads on willus.com have been fixed and work again.
I could download it successfully, and convert the file, which was not able to be converted, also successfully!

I am so happy that I cannot thank you enough.
kayahon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:18 PM   #636
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayahon77 View Post
I could download it successfully, and convert the file, which was not able to be converted, also successfully!

I am so happy that I cannot thank you enough.
Very happy to hear it. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:27 PM   #637
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Hello Willus,

This issue goes back to the routine that I use to determine where to break pages in the final output "scroll". This routine (determined by the masterinfo_break_point() function) is older and somewhat inconsistent with the rest of k2pdfopt's page-breaking algorithms, i.e. it should really use the bmpregion_find_textrows() function. I have revised it to do this in the next release, and it will therefore be adjustable with the -gtr option as well. The output in your example, with my latest version, looks much better--no inconsistent gapping at the bottom of the page.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:01 AM   #638
agelos100
Enthusiast
agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
This issue goes back to the routine that I use to determine where to break pages in the final output "scroll". This routine (determined by the masterinfo_break_point() function) is older and somewhat inconsistent with the rest of k2pdfopt's page-breaking algorithms, i.e. it should really use the bmpregion_find_textrows() function. I have revised it to do this in the next release, and it will therefore be adjustable with the -gtr option as well. The output in your example, with my latest version, looks much better--no inconsistent gapping at the bottom of the page.
Thanks for the answer Willus.
Looking forward for the next release.
Regards,
Angelos
Old 11-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #639
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Thanks for the answer Willus.
Looking forward for the next release.
I have a couple more bugs to chase out and then regression testing to do--it may be a couple weeks or so.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #640
agelos100
Enthusiast

Quote:
I have a couple more bugs to chase out and then regression testing to do--it may be a couple weeks or so.
I am not in a hurry Willus.

All good things need time.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #641
tinkyx
tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle dx, iPhone, iPad
k2pdfopt.exe file downloaded for windows Error

Hi

K2pdfopt.exe downloaded for windows 32bit is having error saying not win32 application. suspected that it is corrupted file. all the 32bit exe are having corrupted on willis server. Can someone help me pointer to correct exe file?

thanks
tinkyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #642
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkyx View Post
K2pdfopt.exe downloaded for windows 32bit is having error saying not win32 application. suspected that it is corrupted file. all the 32bit exe are having corrupted on willis server. Can someone help me pointer to correct exe file?
I just checked both Win32 downloads on my Windows 7 PC and they run correctly. I suspect your download didn't finish or somehow got corrupted. The sizes are 9,086,677 bytes for the Win32 optimized and 8,551,713 bytes for the Win32 generic (works on older CPUs) v2.03 binaries. Make sure your file size matches one of these.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #643
tinkyx
tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.tinkyx got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle dx, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
I just checked both Win32 downloads on my Windows 7 PC and they run correctly. I suspect your download didn't finish or somehow got corrupted. The sizes are 9,086,677 bytes for the Win32 optimized and 8,551,713 bytes for the Win32 generic (works on older CPUs) v2.03 binaries. Make sure your file size matches one of these.
Hi, my mistake. it's my office network which is blocking exe and rendered it into unusable file.
tinkyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #644
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

k2pdfopt v2.10 released

In v2.10, k2pdfopt now preserves the PDF bookmarks / outline tree. It also allows you to supply your own set of bookmarks. There is also a command-line crop-box option which gives k2pdfopt similar capability to Briss, for example--allowing the user to select arbitrary crop boxes from even and odd pages. Various bug fixes have also been implemented. See the web site for details.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #645
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
In v2.10, k2pdfopt now preserves the PDF bookmarks / outline tree. It also allows you to supply your own set of bookmarks. There is also a command-line crop-box option which gives k2pdfopt similar capability to Briss, for example--allowing the user to select arbitrary crop boxes from even and odd pages. Various bug fixes have also been implemented. See the web site for details.
Great.

How about some instructions for cropping the double-paged scans for newbies or maybe new feature in the future ?

In Pdfscissors there is button for vertical and horizontal splitting.

http://www.pdfscissors.com

In Briss we should crop each side of the double page (two cropping boxes per page) and then choose maximize-all if we want all pages to be of exactly the same size.

For Adobe Acrobat there is javascript-to-automatically-split-pages

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148777

Last edited by markom; 11-24-2013 at 02:10 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools