Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-06-2013, 03:13 AM   #16
Danimus
Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro
More information about new Onyx devices:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...r-at-computex/
Danimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #17
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimus View Post
More information about new Onyx devices:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...r-at-computex/
Thanks for the link
Loved the special refresh mode and the way it is implemented - it applies to the whole operating system and not just to book-reading. This is the feature that i need badly during multitasking.

Screen flashes have started to irritate me when i switch from one document to other or to the dictionary. Everything will be solved with this feature.

Everybody should watch this video - fast page turns (at 0.37) and angry birds (at 7.31)

Last edited by Feher; 06-07-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:29 AM   #18
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Any news on international release?
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #19
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
Any news on international release?
In Russia has appeared a touch model. Analog, but better.
In this article there is a photo of new programs and interfaces. Take a closer look

У нас в России лишь появилась сенсорная модель. Аналог, но лучше.
В этой статье есть фото новых программ и интерфейса. Приглядитесь ;-)

Last edited by Kirith; 07-03-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #20
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Looks like the i63 is going to be what the i62 was *supposed* to be. Lookey at the nice non-idiotic virtual keyboard, lookey at the dict entries one can read without a magnyfiing glass, lookey at the images! Problem is nobody will buy a used Onyx here where I live, so I guess I'm stuck with my Firefly...
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #21
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
Looks like the i63 is going to be what the i62 was *supposed* to be. Lookey at the nice non-idiotic virtual keyboard, lookey at the dict entries one can read without a magnyfiing glass, lookey at the images! Problem is nobody will buy a used Onyx here where I live, so I guess I'm stuck with my Firefly...
Our Firefly stock is sold out now and new R65 will come soon as successor. However you must understand, that it is equipped with quite different software system. Some of features of i62HD (or Firefly) will be probably not available yet. I am sure lots of improvements will come with the time, but currently Firefly would win the comparison.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #22
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
However you must understand, that it is equipped with quite different software system. Some of features of i62HD (or Firefly) will be probably not available yet. I am sure lots of improvements will come with the time, but currently Firefly would win the comparison.
I Strongly agree
Old 07-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #23
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirith View Post
In Russia has appeared a touch model. Analog, but better.
In this article there is a photo of new programs and interfaces. Take a closer look

У нас в России лишь появилась сенсорная модель. Аналог, но лучше.
В этой статье есть фото новых программ и интерфейса. Приглядитесь ;-)
Thank you very much for the information.

There's one I do not like the Russian review. And when he speaks of a new contrast worsening reader over previous, like Firefly.
According say, because the glass is more opaque than the Firefly.

The scan engines are factory installed and FBReader CoolReader.
From what I can read is very poor software.

The model analyzed, no touch screen, has a moderate consumption, but assume that adding tactile consumption function is multiplied by 2, or 2.5 times, compared to Firefly.

The absence of a more complete review, the product does not attract me at all.

A greeting. -
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #24
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Which screen technology would be better, Capacitive or Infrared?
Google tells me that Infrared is the better one, but i would still like to know more about this.

P.S. Thanks Kirith for the links , i was eagerly waiting for some reviews on android models
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #25
Kirith
schoolteacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraylocus View Post
The scan engines are factory installed and FBReader CoolReader.
From what I can read is very poor software.
We have discussed with might and main install third-party software. Especially program Alreader. Its developer is specially adapted for ONYX. It's a good program.

У нас вовсю обсуждается установка стороннего софта. Особенно программы Alreader. Её разработчик специально будет адаптировать для ONYX. Это хорошая программа.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #26
jbsavitz
Connoisseur
jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbsavitz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Onyx Boox M92 and i62HD
Quote:
Our Firefly stock is sold out now and new R65 will come soon as successor. However you must understand, that it is equipped with quite different software system. Some of features of i62HD (or Firefly) will be probably not available yet. I am sure lots of improvements will come with the time, but currently Firefly would win the comparison.
Will there continue to be software updates? Or is the multitasking feature trapped forever in beta?
jbsavitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #27
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsavitz View Post
Will there continue to be software updates? Or is the multitasking feature trapped forever in beta?
And what about Coolreader and Fbreader bugs fixed?
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #28
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirith View Post
We have discussed with might and main install third-party software. Especially program Alreader. Its developer is specially adapted for ONYX. It's a good program.

У нас вовсю обсуждается установка стороннего софта. Особенно программы Alreader. Её разработчик специально будет адаптировать для ONYX. Это хорошая программа.
AlReader application interesting.
I've tested on Windows and Android. And it is quite complete.

It remains to engine reading that these new devices lead to read the pdf.
Any that allows reflow and acting on the contrast as we enjoy in the current Linux Onyx ...?

And another major issue How about battery consumption ....?

A greeting. -
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #29
Kukuschi
Kukuschi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Will there be an Ivona TTS on the r65? (I was not able to find any information).
I am very very torn between trying to get a firefly (they seem to run short at the moment and i have the fear not to be able to get one when the r65 will be for sale) or waingt for the r65. Sadly the information about the r65 und c65 are very sparsely and many of them are contradictory. Ivona and the stable software are a big plus for the firefly... on the other hand i am learning japanese and an open android device (will the r65 Android really be open ... and why such an old version?) with eInk would be very nice for that.
Need Help :-/

Greetings (and sorry for my poor english), Kukuschi
Kukuschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:41 AM   #30
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
Quote:
Do you have an ETA on the R65?
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote