Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 12-13-2023, 04:11 AM   #1
htesligte
htesligte began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 2, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Question Keep reading location of Koreader and Moon+ Reader in sync

Hey all, just want to check if there is an existing solution for this. I'm currently reading on my Kindle & Kindle Android app which are kept perfectly in sync.

However, I'm uncomfortable with the closed environment from Amazon and trying to find a solution that can allow me a similar experience, but then with Koreader on the Kobo and Moon+ reader on the phone. So far, I see different people have tried various solutions to sync their reading state with Calibre, but I can't find a single solution that seems to keep the different devices in sync.
If it doesn't exist, I'm thinking of building it during the Christmas & New year time. The solution I'm thinking about:

* Set up koreader sync server (or use the koreader reading statistics on webdav)
* Configure Moon+ reader to sync to webdav
* Build a 3rd tool that keeps the Moon+ reader data and koreader sync data in place.

Can anyone help me brainstorm this? Or is there something in place already that I can use?
htesligte is offline   Reply With Quote