Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-12-2023, 10:54 AM   #1
peterrosset
peterrosset began at the beginning.

Device: Book Onyx Note Air 2 Plus
Unhappy Note Air2 Plus deleted all of my notes

Hello, I recently bought a Boox Onyx Note Sir2 Plus. I had taken quite a few handwritten notes. It was linked to both my Google Drive and to my Dropbox. But today I checked both Google Drive and Dropbox, and found that it had only externally backed up the very first note, and not the others. I started to try to figure out the problem and solution, when it suddenly asked me to update the version. I said OK, and when it finished, ALL of my notes had been deleted.

This has thrown me into a total crisis, and I need help. Only that first note is saved, on both Google Drive and Dropbox. Is there anywhere else, internally or externally, where my notes might be backed up?

Please help!
Thank you
peterrosset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 01:23 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Sorry, I don't use Notes or clouds.
So you can't see the notes directly on your NoteAir2P?
Are you rooted? If you were we might be able to track the notes down.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2023, 04:08 PM   #3
nomoi
nomoi began at the beginning.

Device: pb627
Seconding Renate's post. I use syncthing for syncing across devices.

You may find something using adb.
nomoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 11:47 AM   #4
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Output pdf files (for Dropbox etc.) of your scribble notes are saved in /storage/emulated/0/note.

Local backups of scribble notes (if you have created one in notes app under 'Options/Backup and Restore' are stored under /storage/emulated/0/note/backup/local.

Notes were lost after an Onyx firmware update?
If you have written your notes with logged in Onyx account, you have to be logged in again to see your notes.

Last edited by yokos; 12-13-2023 at 11:49 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 12:52 PM   #5
SuiVu1fa
SuiVu1fa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
In addition, I propose to use an open source APP, such as Saber, to take notes instead.
SuiVu1fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert