Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-20-2021, 06:07 PM   #31
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There's a Cleanup Styles feature which has a dusting brush icon, I don't use it.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 10:46 PM   #32
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
There's a Cleanup Styles feature which has a dusting brush icon, I don't use it.

BR
Thanks, Red!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2021, 07:51 AM   #33
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Advice below might not be totally relevant.

I found in LO Writer if the styles messed up that creating a new empty document with a paragraph in each desired newly created style USING THE SAME NAMES EXACTLY and then copy / paste the entire "broken" doc fixes it.

I've not tried this trick in Word yet, though as a last resort I used to paste a doc into a plain text editor and then into a new document with correct page format and body text.

Footnotes, Endnotes etc can be evil in some word processors! Edit a copy as sometimes / always deleting the in body reference ALSO deletes the entire note. Unless it's for PDF/Paper only I now only use links and anchors to an appendix "chapter".
Also Style Inheritance causes issues on ebook creation (no issue creation of a PDF or edit for paper). So I set parent = none, apply, exit, go back into style edit and fix all the the properties.
Also for ebooks anonymous Insert page before style is best. Named page styles can upset the ebook TOC generation. So also only use ONE page style with no headers or footers for ebook. Something for PDF/Paper will have at least three page styles: front, body and rear.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 07:23 AM   #34
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The modern Word versions which list all the styles and combinations of formatting in a list and allow you to change them on the fly will make that process a child's play.
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 07:46 AM   #35
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarmat89 View Post
The modern Word versions which list all the styles and combinations of formatting in a list and allow you to change them on the fly will make that process a child's play.
You mean in about the last 20 years? Word 2002/XP certainly can have a window with all the styles.

There is a problem where people apply formatting directly rather than a named style.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2021, 11:49 AM   #36
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
You mean in about the last 20 years? Word 2002/XP certainly can have a window with all the styles.

There is a problem where people apply formatting directly rather than a named style.
I would say that I've been using named Word Styles since...not later than the early 90's. I'm pretty sure (I think, she said....) I used it in '91, with Windows 3.0, to work on an enormous document (300 pages, myriad internal x-refs), and the moment you work on something like that, you REQUIRE styles, headings, and so on or you'll go mad.

I'm reasonably sure that the Styles pane has been quite noticeable since the Office 2003 version.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote