Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 02-03-2021, 03:44 PM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I got a bit carried away then. Nurse is here now with the medicine.

Will we crowdfund a defence to allow us to keep using the word Books for non-Apple product?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 04:07 PM   #17
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I got a bit carried away then. Nurse is here now with the medicine.

Will we crowdfund a defence to allow us to keep using the word Books for non-Apple product?
Technically the proper name for the reading app is "Apple Books" but the name on the app icon is Books.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2021, 05:02 PM   #18
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
They had to pay the Beatles twice for using Apple as a name. Apple Corp with an apple core logo was older.
They had to pay Cisco for taking the iPhone name – afterwards. Pre-existing Cisco IP phone.
They had to pay Fujitsu for taking the iPad name – afterwards.
Don't get me started about Apple. Do we have an :eyeroll: emoty? I guess we do, just spelled a bit different.

More than anything, it's the screaming condescension and arrogance and the blithe disregard for their customers' pockets that just chaps my ass. And yes, form over function. I mean, sure, in a way, I'm blaming them, with this latter item, for the.... the profligacy of the buying public; for their disregard of many better-performing devices, just because Apple is "cool;" for exploiting the lesser angels of their constituency, but man, it's cavalier and callous, if you really step back and look at it, not through the rose-colored glasses of the Jobs worshipfulness.

I'm a heinous capitalist myself, but there is something almost inhuman about that company.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:32 PM   #19
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Don't get me started about Apple. Do we have an :eyeroll: emoty? I guess we do, just spelled a bit different.

More than anything, it's the screaming condescension and arrogance and the blithe disregard for their customers' pockets that just chaps my ass. And yes, form over function. I mean, sure, in a way, I'm blaming them, with this latter item, for the.... the profligacy of the buying public; for their disregard of many better-performing devices, just because Apple is "cool;" for exploiting the lesser angels of their constituency, but man, it's cavalier and callous, if you really step back and look at it, not through the rose-colored glasses of the Jobs worshipfulness.

I'm a heinous capitalist myself, but there is something almost inhuman about that company.

Hitch

Just so I'm clear - you will NOT be attending the fan-boy/girl formal dinner this year???
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:25 PM   #20
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Just so I'm clear - you will NOT be attending the fan-boy/girl formal dinner this year???
Well, I dunno, were YOU asking me to go?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert