Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-24-2019, 06:54 AM   #1
Dav_25
Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dav_25 knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: too many
Removing Google apps on the Onyx Boox Note

Hi,
I am looking for an ereader. I would like to ask a question about the Onyx Boox Note/Note pro:
I don't feel comfortable at all having Google bloatwares on my ereader, is that possible to remove them completely (G Playstore, Gmail, Youtube, Gmaps...) ?

Thank you
Dav_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 04:00 AM   #2
holger.nestmann
holger.nestmann began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note / Tolino Shine 3HD
Hi Dav,

these applications are not on the device by default and need to be enabled before you they can be used.
holger.nestmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2019, 05:04 AM   #3
Jayjee
Connoisseur
Jayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
I don't own a Boox Note, on the Max 2 (which has more or less the same firmware, as I am lead to believe) the Google Play Store is installed, sometimes needs to be activated.
All other apps you mention (gmail, youtube, maps) are not even installed on the device, nor are any other google apps (books, photos, docs, sheet, translate, drive etc.) - this to avoid misunderstandings. Before they could be enabled, you would need to install them.
The only google apps I remember are contacts and and calendar, which I have not tried to remove.

In any case, as far as I remember, you can choose not to sign into a google account on an android device nowadays. I just recycled an old android (6.0) phone as internet radio station, and could reset it and set it up without signing in to a google account. Can't remember if that is the case with the Onyx android devices, though.

Best,
Jan
Jayjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:42 AM   #4
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
As holger said you, gaaps are on the rom device but not active unless you do it manually.

As they consume around 250/300mb of ram, some people do like you and do not activate them.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 05:22 AM   #5
Bob Willis
Enthusiast
Bob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBob Willis can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle, IPAD Pro, Boox Note
Those Apps are not available on Boox Note when you first got it, and you shall install those Apps by yourself. Therefore, you do not need to remove the App.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert