Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-25-2015, 10:37 PM   #856
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxxy View Post
I would like to add what I believed to be ratings from some sites, only to realize that there are two different kind of 'ratings'. Those that I am searching for are the number of favs/kudos or hits/views a story has.
Busy with holidays, but I'll look into this when I get some time. Ask again after the new year if I forget.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 09:38 AM   #857
firefoxxy
Zealot
firefoxxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Thank you Jim!
Have some nice holidays
firefoxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2015, 03:41 AM   #858
Arnos
Arnos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Issue when Trying to Download Ebook

I like the plugin, but when I try to download the one fic, FanFicFare says it downloaded successfuly and asks if I would like to add the book to the library, but when I press yes the book does not appear. I have the latest version. I tried twice. You can find both error logs here: http://www.filedropper.com/errors
Arnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 05:47 AM   #859
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
What's the link to the fic?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 09:49 AM   #860
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnos View Post
I like the plugin, but when I try to download the one fic, FanFicFare says it downloaded successfuly and asks if I would like to add the book to the library, but when I press yes the book does not appear. I have the latest version. I tried twice. You can find both error logs here: http://www.filedropper.com/errors
Please include a story link when ever reporting a problem. And if you have an error log, please attach it here--I don't see anything when I follow that link.
Advert
Old 12-27-2015, 12:50 PM   #861
Arnos

The story link is https://forum.questionablequesting.c...4/#post-116901

You will need to take a few seconds to create an account to see the page.

I did create an account myself and added my logon information to the right spot in FanFicFare. I accidentally downloaded that character sheet from the page first, so I know there is nothing wrong my logon information.

I have attached the error log below. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Errors.zip (26.3 KB, 237 views)

Last edited by Arnos; 12-27-2015 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Added more info
Old 12-27-2015, 03:21 PM   #862
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnos View Post
Inside "Spoiler: Not Time Specific", the link "Results" in the line "Intranet Compilation – Bonus Options – Result" is a bad link. So the download fails. You might report it to the poster and see if they'll fix it.

In the meantime, in you can add this to your personal.ini:

Code:
[base_xenforoforum]
continue_on_chapter_error:true
That will allow you to download the other chapters. Any chapters that fail (like that one) will show up in the finished book as a short chapter saying "Error FanFicFare failed to download this chapter. Because you have continue_on_chapter_error set to true in your personal.ini, the download continued."

FYI: While testing this, I had to visit the QQ site using MS Internet Explorer to get the SSL cert chain for the site in Windows to update before FFF could download without SSL errors.
Old 12-27-2015, 03:56 PM   #863
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
I would like to add what I believed to be ratings from some sites, only to realize that there are two different kind of 'ratings'. Those that I am searching for are the number of favs/kudos or hits/views a story has.

I have managed to add favs/kudos from AO3 and ff.net as a number into a custom column. When I tried to do the same for potionsandsnitches, I tried adding into the personal.ini the following:
Because the various counts vary so much from site to site (kudos, reviews, read count, favorites, etc, etc), they are not included the 'standard' metadata. They are, however, generally added as 'site specific' metadata when requested. You're just the first to ask for those from those sites.

New test version posted (direct link)

- potionsandsnitches.org new site specific metadata: stars (labeled "Frogs"), reviews, reads, takesplaces, snapeflavours, and sitetags.

Quote:
My question is: how do I add for potionsandsnitches.org either the 'frog ratings' or the number of reviews, and for walkingtheplank the number of views ('read count'), if that is possible.
I don't read walkingtheplank, so if you want additional metadata from it, please provide story url(s) that show the metadata you want added. Past experience shows that I will inevitably pick test stories that aren't representative.
Old 12-27-2015, 05:18 PM   #864
Arnos

Thanks! Adding that exception allowed me to download the book without issues
Old 12-27-2015, 05:38 PM   #865
firefoxxy
Zealot

Hello Jim!
Thank you so much! potionsandsnitches works very well. All frogs and reads/hits are there.

Unfortunally I don't know how to add the warnings to show up as tags. I tried this, unsuccessfully:
Code:
[www.potionsandsnitches.org]
include_in_genre: genre,warnings
What am I missing now?

for walkingtheplank.org I have picked some random stories:
first link
second link
As I mentioned, I'd like this information to show up in my tags: Rated (Explicit Sex/Violence), Characters, Genres, Warnings, Series, Read (views, hits)

Thank you once again! I really appreciate your work.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:11 PM   #866
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Thank you so much! potionsandsnitches works very well. All frogs and reads/hits are there.

Unfortunally I don't know how to add the warnings to show up as tags. I tried this, unsuccessfully:
Looks like 'warnings' wasn't implemented in potionsandsnitches.org. Not sure why that would have happened.

Quote:
for walkingtheplank.org I have picked some random stories:
first link
second link
As I mentioned, I'd like this information to show up in my tags: Rated (Explicit Sex/Violence), Characters, Genres, Warnings, Series, Read (views, hits)
The adapter for that site already collects rating, characters, genre, warnings and series. Here's an example of how to add to calibre tags:
Code:
[www.walkingtheplank.org]
add_to_include_subject_tags:,rating,characters
The read count is the only part that appears to be new for walkingtheplank.org.

New test version (direct link)

2015-12-21 2nd

- Add warnings for potionsandsnitches.org.
- Add new site specific metadata for walkingtheplank.org: reads
- Add 'Anonymous' author option for qoutev.com

Last edited by JimmXinu; 12-27-2015 at 06:23 PM. Reason: - Add 'Anonymous' author option for qoutev.com
Old 12-28-2015, 07:48 AM   #867
sournamja
sournamja began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hullo!
I have a new Glo HD, and a bit of a problem - though it might be because of the last Kobo update; I had a Glo before that I hadn't updated yet, and I've already given it away so I can't check (rookie mistake! I blame the holiday fever)

All the Fanficfare downloads from AO3 make my Glo HD freeze when I want to open the book. Either it gets stuck on the Library page, and I have to turn it off and on again, either it opens but on a white page, and I have to go back to the library, and open it again.

If I download from AO3 manually, it works fine.
I tested with fanfiction.net, it works fine too, so it might me an AO3-specific problem.
sournamja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 09:48 AM   #868
firefoxxy
Zealot

Hi Jim, thanks for your fast response.
I'm using the newest test version and walkingtheplank works just as it should.

But I feel a bit like a fool about potionsandsnitches. I configured FFF to edit the tags from the site:
Spoiler:
Code:
[www.potionsandsnitches.org]
include_in_genre: genre,warnings
replace_metadata:
 genre=>^Action/Adventure$=>Adventure
 genre=>^Hurt/Comfort$=>Hurt-Comfort
 takesplaces=>^0 - Pre Hogwarts.*$=>Kid Fic
 snapeflavours=>^Comforting Snape$=>Hurt-Comfort
 snapeflavours=>^Kind Snape$=>Fluff
 snapeflavours=>Desperate Snape=>Drama
 snapeflavours=>^Loving Snape$=>Fluff
 snapeflavours=>^Overly-protective Snape$=>Protectiveness
 category=>^Guardian Snape$=>Guardian/Mentor
 category=>^Parental Snape$=>Family

Now I have downloaded two stories. The one story has the new tags, the other doesn't. The tags that the second story doesn't change are the snapeflavours. There is no error message, and I tried downloading the tags several times and changed the code, with no effect. Would you help me once again, please?

this one changes the tags
this story ignores the changes
Old 12-28-2015, 09:59 AM   #869
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sournamja View Post
All the Fanficfare downloads from AO3 make my Glo HD freeze when I want to open the book. Either it gets stuck on the Library page, and I have to turn it off and on again, either it opens but on a white page, and I have to go back to the library, and open it again.
Can you post a few story URLs that you see the problem with? Maybe a copy of one of the epubs (a smaller one, preferably).

FYI, I had a Kobo briefly earlier this year, but I sent it back because it wouldn't register changed/updated books. As I recall, it seemed to assume that once loaded, an epub would never change.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:10 AM   #870
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Now I have downloaded two stories. The one story has the new tags, the other doesn't. The tags that the second story doesn't change are the snapeflavours. There is no error message, and I tried downloading the tags several times and changed the code, with no effect. Would you help me once again, please?

this one changes the tags
this story ignores the changes
Can you narrow down where you're having a problem? In order:

Is FFF not collecting the metadata? (Use add_to_extra_titlepage_entries:,stars,reviews,read s,takesplaces,snapeflavours,sitetags so you can see it on the title page.)

Is the metadata not being edited the way you want by replace_metadata? (Again, add_to_extra_titlepage_entries.)

Is the metadata not appearing in calibre where you want it? Do you have the checkbox 'Keep Existing Tags when Updating Metadata?' checked?

Tags
fanfiction