Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Red face Dumb Question

Should I factory reset my T1 for taking it back to Best Buy? I know I need to tell them something is wrong with it... And I'm sure it will not act up for them in the store. I know it would just be easier to reset it & take it back, but I also know something is wrong with it & would feel bad if it wasn't gone over....Geez I feel dumb asking this...I think it is all the brain fog from trying to get this to work. I do intend to get another one.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
I wouldnt reset it. Try to replicate what it is doing in store.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
I wouldnt reset it. Try to replicate what it is doing in store.
+1 Clean it before returning... just imho of course.
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
For anybody thinking about or having to return their unit - Factory Reset just changes the default settings like, language, region, time zone etc. It does not delete your Wifi passwords or browser bookmarks and passwords. Just an FYI. Don't inadvertently give someone access to your Wifi network.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm taking back my frozen Sony. Talked with Customer Support & they said to take it back. So it will be going back to Sony.

@ Shopoholic. How would I remove that additional info. I did notice that all the settings were in place after I started up again. Just had to reset the language, country, time & time zone.
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #6
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Pomtroll I prepped mine to bring back I was so mad at it. LOL (I was having a temper tantrum, what can I say) LOL This is how I learned it.

Have you saved passwords to Libraries or other sites where you get books from? If so, go to those sites through the reader and delete the passwords there. Then do what I outline below. If you have not saved any passwords, just follow the instructions below.

Ok first, sign into the Reader store on the T1 and Deauthorize the unit. Otherwise you'll run into an issue eventually that you have exceeded the number of authorizations for your account. Once you do that, go into Settings, Wireless Network Settings. Turn the wi-fi on and then touch Wi-Fi Settings. You'll see a list of Wi-Fi networks the device has found. Touch the one that you use, a new screen will pop up and from there select Forget this Network. That will delete your network password.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
Pomtroll
Guru

Thanks all done. This is a great board for info & help.