Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-28-2011, 07:05 AM   #16
ivan
Edge User

pewterbot9, how old are you 12? 10? younger? because if you're not you are acting like you are.

This is no place for the childish rantings you started and seem to enjoy. We have enough problems with the company saying bye-bye and don't need your stupidity filling the forum with cr**, so try and act grown up even if it is difficult for you.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:17 AM   #17
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Time for this to STOP. Take your petty bickering to PM!

Advert
Old 05-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #18
Filark
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Time for this to STOP. Take your petty bickering to PM!
Agreed. Best (IMHO) not to dignify provocation with a response in the forum.

Thank you!!

Old 05-28-2011, 11:48 PM   #19
emusan
Edge User

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let everyone know that the new forum backup (after 1.25 days of running) is done as far as I can tell. Final size seems to be ~6-7 gigs(HTTrack is removing duplicate and unnecessary files right now), which is a good sign. After a quick look over it seems to have grabbed almost everything(I checked page 26 of the general boards, and one thread there seems to have had a few pages oddly formatted). I have yet to look over much else, but the outlook is good.

I wont be doing another backup for at least another few weeks(if the forums are even around then ), as I don't have the time to devote to it, however if someone else wants to I'll be happy to host it when they're done.

I've said this elsewhere, but I'll ask again, if anyone knows of any good way to make this searchable I would love to know, so far I'm thinking of possibly a page outside the backup with a google custom search using an index of the backup, but if anyone knows another way please let me know(I don't think that modifying the backed up pages themselves would be easy to do, and to add the search to each one would take a lifetime(I'd estimate nearly 200000 pages in total)).

I'll start uploading the backup to my server tomorrow, and it will be viewable live this time(as opposed to an archive) due to a nice increase in HD space I just bought. Sorry to those who downloaded the archive the first time, I didn't expect to have another chance at backing up, and at the time my server was quite full.

Old 05-29-2011, 01:27 AM   #20
Filark
Edge User

Looking forward to checking out your "live" forum. Thanks for whatever you can do to make it searchable.

Appreciate all your hard work!

Advert
Old 05-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #21
emusan
Edge User

well, I've started uploading it to my server, due to its size I probably wont be able to get it live until tonight or tomorrow morning, until then I'll be working on the search!

Old 05-31-2011, 02:36 PM   #22
emusan
Edge User

Well, I've gotten the new backup up and running, this one seems to be complete, though of course i haven't looked at every possible thread/post.

There do seem to be a few bugs with it that I don't know how to fix, for example some threads open in a "threaded" view, in which you can only see the first post and then the replies above that, if you wish to view one of the replies, you must open the link in a new window(I have no idea why). An example of this is my [GUIDE] thread, only the first post is visible, but if you open one of the replies by one of the links above the first post (in a new window, otherwise you will get an error), you will see that reply.

Sorry, but I don't know any way to fix this problem so we'll have to live with it until someone finds another way.

Also, I'm currently working on getting a google custom search on there. Unfortunately, because I don't want to pay $100/month, google requires ad's be displayed on results pages(only search results, the backup will be unaffected), but I assure you any money made from these ads will only go back into the cost of the server(if anyone knows of another easy to set up search engine, or wants to donate $100/month to remove the ads(google's price, not mine) I'm all ears).

If anyone wants a download of the full backup for offline viewing I can also put it up, its all in a .tar.gz file that is ~2GB.

EDIT: you can find the new version at the same link

Old 05-31-2011, 03:04 PM   #23
Batman Jr.
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
Well, I've gotten the new backup up and running, this one seems to be complete, though of course i haven't looked at every possible thread/post.

There do seem to be a few bugs with it that I don't know how to fix, for example some threads open in a "threaded" view, in which you can only see the first post and then the replies above that, if you wish to view one of the replies, you must open the link in a new window(I have no idea why). An example of this is my [GUIDE] thread, only the first post is visible, but if you open one of the replies by one of the links above the first post (in a new window, otherwise you will get an error), you will see that reply.

Sorry, but I don't know any way to fix this problem so we'll have to live with it until someone finds another way.

Also, I'm currently working on getting a google custom search on there. Unfortunately, because I don't want to pay $100/month, google requires ad's be displayed on results pages(only search results, the backup will be unaffected), but I assure you any money made from these ads will only go back into the cost of the server(if anyone knows of another easy to set up search engine, or wants to donate $100/month to remove the ads(google's price, not mine) I'm all ears).

If anyone wants a download of the full backup for offline viewing I can also put it up, its all in a .tar.gz file that is ~2GB.

EDIT: you can find the new version at the same link
Thanks; appreciate your efforts.