Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #16
MDCole9761
Edge User

Sorry- I haven't gotten any emails from this thread in a while so I missed all the recent discussion.

Yeah- I have an open call with them, but it's been a week so I gotta call them back and see what the status is. But to answer your question kveroneau, I think you should call them too. It's a shame- I was really looking forward to using this device, but now it sits here useless. Sure hope I didn't throw away $155 on this.....

Old 05-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #17
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCole9761 View Post
Sorry- I haven't gotten any emails from this thread in a while so I missed all the recent discussion.

Yeah- I have an open call with them, but it's been a week so I gotta call them back and see what the status is. But to answer your question kveroneau, I think you should call them too. It's a shame- I was really looking forward to using this device, but now it sits here useless. Sure hope I didn't throw away $155 on this.....
You have a warranty, Entourage will/should honor. If not, I assume you got yours from Woot, they must have a return policy of some sort for defective merchandise. If Woot won't help you and you paid with a credit card you can dispute the purchase after all other options are exhausted.

Advert
Old 05-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #18
sabman
Edge User

I got an immediate ticket number to send the device back for repairs. So I don't know why they would put you on open call for a week.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:25 AM   #19
MDCole9761
Edge User

Yeah, I think they messed up- they said something about "Tier 3 support" when I figured they would have me send it in.

Anyways, they're having me send it in- guess I'm stuck with one way shipping (hopefully won't be any more than $5 to ship).

Old 05-23-2011, 09:21 AM   #20
Qwill
Edge User

Hi there, I'm one of the first one who got this problem ( see the threead "Beware of the reset button" ).
Same story with support .. Tries to revert to Dingo, can't confirm it worked (because of the white screen) got the same faint lines barely visible.
It ended with a return for repair/replacement under warranty. I sent it on April 28. No sign of life since there...

Troubles started after I upgraded to Ermine, and when the PE hibernated while being connected to the PC through the USB cable. I suspect a corrupted memory (or SSD) state did something to the GPU or to the screen internal configuration.

Be sure I'll stay with Dingo until a Non Beta Ermine is there.

Best luck for all,

Qwill

Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #21
Kewlcat
Edge User

Thanks for sharing your experience Qwill...

I was actually contemplating Ermine again(for the nth time!), seeing that yourself, sabman & MDCole9761 got to at least send it back for repairs (figured might as well risk it while the company is still in a position to accept repairs)...but looks like I'll wait a bit more & see how you guys go...

Old 05-23-2011, 01:01 PM   #22
MDCole9761
Edge User

Yes, thanks Qwill- hopefully we'll all get them back at some point.

I'm starting to think about sticking to Dingo as well- unless there is some surefire way to keep the device from hibernating. From what I've read, there will likely never be a final version of Ermine (since both Edge devices are now "End-of-Life" or EOL'd) and I gotta say that my brief experience with Ermine revealed a much improved and more useful device.

Thank goodness I have a gTablet to play with while all this is getting resolved.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:42 PM   #23
sabman
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwill View Post
Hi there, I'm one of the first one who got this problem ( see the threead "Beware of the reset button" ).
Same story with support .. Tries to revert to Dingo, can't confirm it worked (because of the white screen) got the same faint lines barely visible.
It ended with a return for repair/replacement under warranty. I sent it on April 28. No sign of life since there..
Qwill

April 28! Thats a long wait!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #24
Kewlcat
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabman View Post
April 28! Thats a long wait!
Maybe you guys should call & get an update on whats going on with your devces?

Old 05-25-2011, 09:13 AM   #25
Qwill
Edge User

PE finally arrived back from PE Hospital !
Now fully functional. I had to upgrade it to Ermine to be able to restore my library.

Old 05-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #26
sabman
Edge User

great. Took almost a month eh? Did you get any message from them as to what went wrong?

Old 05-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #27
Qwill
Edge User

Sadly not. I was expecting at least a few explanation, but they just send the device back.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #28
sabman
Edge User

ah ok. Thanks. Did they notify you when they sent it back to you ?

Old 05-26-2011, 08:34 AM   #29
Qwill
Edge User

Neither !!! I was quite worried when the entourage store closed as I feared to never see it again!
However, the "repair" company turns to be "FSC" "Foxconn Service Center", which is wealthy computer integrator. (It assembles the Ipad for Apple I think).

Old 05-29-2011, 01:52 AM   #30
mehdi72
Edge User

My experience regarding WSoD were same as @MDCole9761 and few others. I have asked Entourage for help, but still no response. I'm afraid that even I get their response (to ship back the eDGe) it would be useless to me. I live in Pakistan and shipping cost will be more than $100.
Anyway, in my opinion the white screen has nothing to do with ERMINE, it is definitely a hardware issue. The LCD connector that is passing through the hinge is the culprit. Rather spending over $100 to claim the warranty (which may not even occur) I'm gonna give it to local street repairmen for laptops. Tough but the only choice with me.