Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-18-2014, 06:38 AM   #1
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Question how can I integrate a kepub into calibre?

I stupidly bought a book from the kobo website this morning, even though it was much more expensive than from amazon, because it is very big (132 MB as an epub) and I was afraid it might be a problem converting it from mobi to epub before sending it as a kepub to my aura h20.
Unfortunately, unlike all those epubs I bought from kobo, it seems to be kepub only and I had to synchronize my spare (aura 6") with the kobo desktop to get it. I'll have to undo a lot on the spare but I transferred the kepub (a string of numbers) to my computer. Now, how can I integrate it in Calibre so that I can add medatata (most importantly tags) and add it to catalogs? I tried to add .epub or .kepub.epub strings to the names, which allows me to load it tino calibre, but even though it recognises author and book name, it reads as gibberish.
Is it just because of kobo style drms? I'll experiment again trying to send to h20 from with the .kepub.epub version with the extended disabled, but would like to know whether there is already a thread somewhere dealing with such problems.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:45 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You'll need to strip the DRM from the kepub file before you can do anything with it in calibre (apart from store it).

See this item at the Digital Reader site.

Note that detailed discussion of DRM removal isn't allowed at MobileRead.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2014, 07:17 AM   #3
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
It worked. Many thanks. I won't lose as much time as I did (and will have to do to restore the aura 6") in the future.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote