Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-04-2018, 11:24 AM   #1
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Bookmark for server?

I created a custom view of my library on the content server, with three "sorts" to give me titles sorted first by author, by title within author, and then by series. The multiple sort idea was suggested by Kovid, but the only way to do it is to create the URL manually. (Incidentally, why is it all stashed away as part of a fragment identifier?)

Since this was such a hassle, I bookmarked it:

http://localhost:8080/#library_id=Li...uthor_sort.asc

But, when I go to the bookmark, I get the cover view instead of the custom view. Any ideas why this should be?
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 04:04 AM   #2
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Actually, forget it. Looking at it more closely, I can't seem to get a 3-level sort working anyway -- whichever order I put the sort terms in, I can't get the series to sort correctly. In the GUI I sort by title; then by series, so the non-series books stay in title order; then by author, and everything stays in the original order for each author. So there's not much point in trying to create a clever bookmark.

I'm still puzzled why all the magic is done using a fragment identifier rather than a normal query string, though...
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2018, 07:24 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You dont use multiple sort values you use one, with multiple fields separated by a comma

And if you want to understand the URL scheme, read up on single page applications in javascript.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
content server