Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-08-2017, 05:32 AM   #106
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Would it possible to add the following to the Job Spy plugin – https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=58

Thanks
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:49 AM   #107
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Would it possible to add the following to the Job Spy plugin – https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=58

Thanks
@Tanjamuse:

Nope. Sorry.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2017, 02:43 AM   #108
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Thanks for considering it.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:51 PM   #109
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thanks for this plugin!
I've been trying to theme your plugin, but it seems the icons of your plugin can't be changed by putting the replacement in "AppData\Roaming\calibre\resources\images\Job Spy"

If I'm not mistaken, you need to change the path to the user's local resources/images folder in common_utils.py (change in red):
Code:
def get_local_images_dir(subfolder=None):
    '''
    Returns a path to the user's local resources/images folder
    If a subfolder name parameter is specified, appends this to the path
    '''
    images_dir = os.path.join(config_dir, 'resources/images')
    if subfolder:
        images_dir = os.path.join(images_dir, subfolder)
    if iswindows:
        images_dir = os.path.normpath(images_dir)
    return images_dir
Maybe you can change it next time you update your plugin?
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 04:58 PM   #110
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.0.54

Version 1.0.54 -2017-04-13 User-defined icons and main menu tweaks.

DaltonST
Advert
Old 04-14-2017, 04:03 AM   #111
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thanks for the quick update!
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 12:44 AM   #112
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I installed JS to clean out the preferences for PI's I have uninstalled and no longer use. I ran the feature on all my libraries. As a result I then had a __jspref (I think that was the name) table in every database.

Is there some way to remove the JS data from a database when/after it's been un-installed, other than via a 3rd party utility.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:40 AM   #113
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I installed JS to clean out the preferences for PI's I have uninstalled and no longer use. I ran the feature on all my libraries. As a result I then had a __jspref (I think that was the name) table in every database.

Is there some way to remove the JS data from a database when/after it's been un-installed, other than via a 3rd party utility.

BR
BR:

I wanted to do that automatically when JS is uninstalled, but the API does not (yet?) have an "on_permanent_uninstall" function that can be overridden in ui.py to do things such as that.

In the meantime, try this as a .bat file:

Code:
calibre-debug -c "import sqlite3;conn = sqlite3.connect('X:\MyLibraryName\metadata.db');c = conn.cursor();c.execute('DROP TABLE IF EXISTS __js_settings');conn.commit();conn.close()"

I have used the above while testing JS, so it works for me on Windows 10. I saved the .bat file as an ASCII text file, not UTF-8.

DaltonST
Old 04-30-2017, 03:37 AM   #114
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No worries. I was wondering if I'd missed something.

I'm happy using SQLiteBrowser of SqlLiteExpert as and when needed.

Thanks BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:04 PM   #115
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.58 -New GUI Tool: Keyboard Shortcuts to Auto-fill Textual Custom Columns

Version 1.0.58 -2017-06-15 New GUI Tool: Keyboard Shortcuts to automatically fill predefined values in up to four (4) predefined textual Custom Columns.

See the attached example.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_gui_tool_keyboard_shortcuts_change_custom_columns_example.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	157331  
Old 06-19-2017, 11:29 AM   #116
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.59 New GUI Tool: Shortcut Placeholder for Main GUI Layout Button

Version 1.0.59 -2017-06-19 New GUI Tool: Shortcut Placeholder for Main GUI Layout Button [Lower Right Corner]. Calibre 3.0.0 and higher only.

See the attached.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_shortcut_placeholder_for_main_gui_layout_button.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	889.2 KB
ID:	157412  
Old 06-20-2017, 05:04 AM   #117
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
I love the new Change GUI Text and Alternating Row Colors feature.

I now have alternating rows which are 'powder blue' and 'light skyblue', which I think looks good, and is easy on the eyes.

Is it possible to extend these colours to other parts of the interface especially the Tag Browser and book details?

Yours is a most useful plugin.

Thanks very much.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:36 AM   #118
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.60 -GUI Tool for Colors: Added Tags View colorization

Version 1.0.60 -2017-06-20 GUI Tool for Colors: Added Tags View colorization

Edit: Version 1.0.61 -2017-06-20 GUI Tool for Colors: Added Book Details colorization

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 06-20-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:57 PM   #119
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Version 1.0.60 -2017-06-20 GUI Tool for Colors: Added Tags View colorization

Edit: Version 1.0.61 -2017-06-20 GUI Tool for Colors: Added Book Details colorization

DaltonST
WOW that was supersonically quick. Your plugin feature improves the look of the GUI a lot.

Thank you very much your work is much appreciated.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:32 PM   #120
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.63 GUI Tool for Colors: Added New Components to Colorize

Version 1.0.63 -2017-06-23 GUI Tool for Colors: Added VL Buttons/Search Bar/Search Buttons/Status Bar colorization.

See the attached.

Added: Version 1.0.64 -2017-06-23 GUI Tool for Colors: Added Tool Bar colorization

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	js_gui_colors_customization_example.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	157483  

Last edited by DaltonST; 06-23-2017 at 05:18 PM. Reason: More Information

Tags
author aka, author pen name, colors, toolbag, toolbox, tools