Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
theducks's Avatar
 
Posts: 22,282
Karma: 22142024
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: (The original) Silicon Valley, USA
Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by philmagic59 View Post
Thanks for your response.
I am reconstructing in Calibre a copy of directory of my books.
So I cannot use Calibre to try what you tell me to do.
But yesterday I reinitialized my Kobo, and I have always same problem. And Windows 8.1 tells me that I have not problems on the memory of my Kobo.
Again thank you.
Windows can not test Memory on any external device.
Windows can test some Storage.

But this report is a malformed (insider the) DB file

A Kobo expert will need to step forward since you have reinitialized
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:33 AM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
kovidgoyal's Avatar
 
Posts: 33,621
Karma: 10209576
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Mumbai, India
Device: Various
This is a corrupt database on the Kobo, simply log out and log in again on your Kobo to have the database rebuilt.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2016, 12:59 AM   #18
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 15,500
Karma: 25810738
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by philmagic59 View Post
Thanks for your response.
I am reconstructing in Calibre a copy of directory of my books.
So I cannot use Calibre to try what you tell me to do.
But yesterday I reinitialized my Kobo, and I have always same problem. And Windows 8.1 tells me that I have not problems on the memory of my Kobo.
Again thank you.
The error above means that the database on the device is corrupt. The solution is to signout of the Kobo account on the device and then back in. This will create a new database and reload all the books on the device.

The cause of the database corruption is the problem. The simplest reason is not safely ejecting the device. There seems to be other reasons, but, I haven't tracked them down.

How did you "reinitialize" the Kobo? Do you mean a factory reset? Or pressing the pinhole reset button? Or something else?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:53 PM   #19
trinity1
Enthusiast
trinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy blue
 
trinity1's Avatar
 
Posts: 37
Karma: 13450
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Civitavecchia (Italy)
Device: Kobo Glo
Hi, this is the error I get:

calibre, version 2.78.0
ERRORE: Errore: Errore di comunicazione col dispositivo

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 88, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 536, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 402, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 935, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2365, in update_device_database_collections
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2840, in set_series
File "c:\cygwin64\home\kovid\sw\build\apsw-3.8.2-r1\src\cursor.c", line 231, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

I can connect my kobo glo to calibre, which reads the books inside (or not) the glo, but whenever I try to send new books to the glo I get that error message.
Do I need to log out from kobo or restore Calibre database? Or?

Thanks in advance
trinity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:14 PM   #20
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 15,500
Karma: 25810738
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1 View Post
Hi, this is the error I get:

calibre, version 2.78.0
ERRORE: Errore: Errore di comunicazione col dispositivo

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 88, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 536, in _sync_booklists
File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver" , line 402, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 935, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2365, in update_device_database_collections
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 2840, in set_series
File "c:\cygwin64\home\kovid\sw\build\apsw-3.8.2-r1\src\cursor.c", line 231, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

I can connect my kobo glo to calibre, which reads the books inside (or not) the glo, but whenever I try to send new books to the glo I get that error message.
Do I need to log out from kobo or restore Calibre database? Or?
That is a sign of a corrupt database on the device. You should sign out of the Kobo account and back in to fix it. Or restore from a recent backup if you have one.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2018, 09:22 AM   #21
cathcath
Junior Member
cathcath began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Apr 2018
Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hi,
I need your help...But first, sorry for my bad english (i'm french).
Since I made the caliber and kobo software updates (Why, but why did I do that ?), my Kobo H2O will have work badly.

This message is displayed :
"CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 510, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1859, in books
File "c:\t\t\apsw-j6gj96\apsw-3.13.0-r1\src\cursor.c", line 236, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed"

Can someone help me (and explain simpy) ?
Thanks !
cathcath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 09:32 AM   #22
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 15,500
Karma: 25810738
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathcath View Post
Hi,
I need your help...But first, sorry for my bad english (i'm french).
Since I made the caliber and kobo software updates (Why, but why did I do that ?), my Kobo H2O will have work badly.

This message is displayed :
"CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 87, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 510, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1859, in books
File "c:\t\t\apsw-j6gj96\apsw-3.13.0-r1\src\cursor.c", line 236, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed"

Can someone help me (and explain simpy) ?
Firstly, it is very unlikely that this was caused by a firmware update. At the most, the update might have highlighted an existing problem. And it is not a calibre update.

The above means that the database is corrupt. Why, I don't know. The most common reason is not safely ejecting the device from the PC. The fix is to restore a recent backup of the database, if you have one. Otherwise you need to sign out of the Kobo account on the device. When you do this, the database will be rebuilt from scratch during the setup and then it will reload the sideloaded books. Unfortunately, you will lose the reading status, bookmarks and collections for your sideloaded books.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 12:17 PM   #23
cathcath
Junior Member
cathcath began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Apr 2018
Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thank you for your response so fast!
Indeed, I remember putting my PC on standby without ejecting the e-reader ... Did this cause the problem?
As I did not know what is to restore a recent backup of the database, i
signed out of the Kobo account on the device.
And it's ok !
Some things are different (not the same version of the software) but all my books are in the e-reader (disorder).
Thank you veryyyyy much for you help (and I will now always carefully eject my e-reader !!!)
cathcath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:49 PM   #24
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 15,500
Karma: 25810738
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathcath View Post
Thank you for your response so fast!
Indeed, I remember putting my PC on standby without ejecting the e-reader ... Did this cause the problem?
It is possible. It has been a while since I have done that, so I'm not sure.
Quote:
As I did not know what is to restore a recent backup of the database,
My Kobo Utilities plugin has function to do a backup of some important files when the device is connected to calibre.
Quote:
i
signed out of the Kobo account on the device.
And it's ok !
Some things are different (not the same version of the software) but all my books are in the e-reader (disorder).
The "Recent" and "Date added" orders should be in title order. That is the way books are imported when a few are sideloaded in a batch. If you want to change that, my Kobo Utilities plugin has a way to change the "Date added" order to one of the dates on the book in the calibre library.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:09 AM   #25
cathcath
Junior Member
cathcath began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Apr 2018
Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks for your help !
I patiently put all my books in the right categories...
What are your Kobo Utilities plugin you're talking about ?
cathcath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:33 AM   #26
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Posts: 11,323
Karma: 10578436
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathcath View Post
What are your Kobo Utilities plugin you're talking about ?
@cathcath - you'll find it in the Index of plugins

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:44 AM   #27
cathcath
Junior Member
cathcath began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 4
Karma: 10
Join Date: Apr 2018
Device: Kobo Aura H2O
@BetterRed : thanks !
cathcath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ERROR - database disk image malformed Joy1977 Calibre 2 05-12-2012 12:28 AM
Calibre + Kobo Touch error message : database disk image is malformed Bernard75 Devices 1 04-07-2012 04:46 PM
Kobo error: database disk image is malformed RSaunders Devices 7 07-28-2011 10:52 PM
Error communicating with device(Kobo Wireless)/database disk image is malformed cotej1977 Kobo Reader 1 04-24-2011 09:14 AM
Corrupt database message error: Disk is Full? Debby Calibre 3 03-09-2011 04:23 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.