Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-30-2018, 05:12 PM   #1
gabox01
gabox01 began at the beginning.

Device: gabox01
Ratings doesn't really work in Calibre

Hello,

I have a 300+ book library, that I've collected over the years.
I wanted to use calibre ratings feature to filter out crappy books from my library (ie books with less than 3 stars), unfortunately, the feature doesn't work.

At least 90% of my books are available on Amazon and I have the metadata synced for them in calibre. Yet the rating field is empty most of the time. I only have just a few very popular books where it is present.

I'd like to have the following features:

-Download the ratings from multiple sites, and aggregate them (only Amazon would be fine)
-Don't just show the stars, show the review count as well
-Sort books based on stars and review count. Most stars with highest review count first.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEComm...erReviews.html
gabox01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 05:22 PM   #2
gabox01
gabox01 began at the beginning.

Device: gabox01
Sorry

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEComm...erReviews.html
gabox01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:03 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as I know ratings download from amazon works fine. If you have a particular book(s) for which it does not work, then feel free to post its ASIN/amazon URL and I will take a look.

As for review counts, that's not something I am interested in. But you can easily write a plugin that does it.

Oh and note that calibre does not use the amazon API to get data. APIs cannot be used in general in non-web software since they would require every user to get their own API key.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote