jesuita
jesuita began at the beginning.

Device: Moon Reader
Calibre Portable - change default library

Hello.

Hope you can help me with my problem.

First my setup:
  • Calibre Portable 3.22.1
  • Calibre2opds to generate a catalog that is accessible on dropbox through updog

Everything works fine except when I open Calibre on my W10 computer I allways have to change the library to the one inside updog folder on dropbox.

Already tried a few option like "Use previously existing library at the new location" but whenever I start calibre it allways goes to the default one (inside calibre program folder).

Any idea on how to solve this?
jesuita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:52 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Not sure there is an easy way to do that using Calibre Portable. In my experience that version will not ever remember as a default a library that is outside the Calibre Portable folder.

Having said that I am not sure if Calibre Portable can accept a start-up parameter specifying the library to be used. If so you may be able to set up a shortcut with the desired library preset.
itimpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:05 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot calibre portable is designed to work with libraries in the portable folder. If you dont want to do that run calibre.exe instead of calibre-portable.exe.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 01:28 PM   #4
uli
Enthusiast
uli is at the top of the food chain.uli is at the top of the food chain.uli is at the top of the food chain.uli is at the top of the food chain.uli is at the top of the food chain.uli is at the top of the food chain.uli is at the top of the food chain.uli is at the top of the food chain.uli is at the top of the food chain.uli is at the top of the food chain.uli is at the top of the food chain.

Device: Kobo, Calibre
The PortableApps launcher for Calibre, it does library paths differently.
uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 02:57 PM   #5
jesuita
jesuita began at the beginning.

Device: Moon Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You cannot calibre portable is designed to work with libraries in the portable folder. If you dont want to do that run calibre.exe instead of calibre-portable.exe.
Opening Calibre.exe worked

Thanks for you help!
jesuita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:03 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Or add a symbolic link to the external libraries into the Calibre Portable directory. Caveat I've no idea if that'll work with Calibre2opds.

Of course, if the symlink references another device it won't be very portable

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-27-2018 at 07:05 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote