Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 03:09 AM   #22891
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
In my cup: cappuccino, same as every morning
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:58 AM   #22892
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
Well! Welcome home, Iridal! It's been long months since we've seen you! How have you been?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 04:15 AM   #22893
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Well! Welcome home, Iridal! It's been long months since we've seen you! How have you been?

Stitchawl
Hi Stitchawl! I'm great! Life couldn't be better!

I've started working part time so I can go back to school. I'm taking evening classes, in a couple of years time I'll be a licensed pâtissière! Also my boyfriend and I have bought a piece of land and will start building our own house very soon So lots of changes

I just thought it was time to start posting on MR again. I started reading a lot more recently, and there's no better way to find new books than here. Also, everyone here is so nice, especially in this thread. I really missed it.

How have you been? I read in the diet thread that you lost a lot of weight. Congrats!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:18 AM   #22894
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Hi Iridal - nice to see things are going well for you. Land ownership?! Next thing you know you'll be turning respectable...

Black coffee in my cup.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:39 AM   #22895
Iridal
Mysteriarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Hi Iridal - nice to see things are going well for you. Land ownership?! Next thing you know you'll be turning respectable...

Black coffee in my cup.
I already am!

Nah, classic case of 'brick in the stomach' (that's what we call it in Belgium, 'baksteen in de maag'). Every Belgian is born with it.

In my cup: fresh mint tea
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 04:40 AM   #22896
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm perusing your post with a very small glass of rum in hand, and enjoying what I'm seeing!

Quote:
...... I'm great! Life couldn't be better!
......go back to school. .....I'll be a licensed pâtissière! .... my boyfriend and I have bought a piece of land and will start building our own house .....
..... it was time to start posting on MR again..... I started reading a lot more.
Fantastic!

Quote:
How have you been? I read in the diet thread that you lost a lot of weight. Congrats!
Thanks! In fact, the weight is still coming off me, although I'm no longer working at it so hard. But still exercising daily and eating smaller portions, and feeling better than I've felt in years! Busy riding and reading, crafting and computers... eating strange foods and taking pictures. Working on our plans to move this summer... Things are going along perfectly on this side of the pond too! I'm looking forward to hearing more about this boyfriend/new land/home building plan! Fill us in. I'm assuming that the boyfriend is the same one you left us for last year. We saw a quick snapshot at the time.

Stitchawl
Old 01-09-2013, 05:07 AM   #22897
Iridal
Mysteriarch

Quote:
I'm looking forward to hearing more about this boyfriend/new land/home building plan! Fill us in. I'm assuming that the boyfriend is the same one you left us for last year. We saw a quick snapshot at the time.
Still the same one We moved in very quickly after we started dating. Our apartment is fabulous, but the neighbourhood is not so nice. We live next to a Turkish restaurant, in the summer we can't sleep with our windows open because of all the noise. Last summer we had to yell at them every night so they would shut up and we could get some sleep. There's also a student pub right across from where we live, and they also make lots of noise.

So we decided to move, but then thought it was stupid to rent another apartment elsewhere. We both have enough experience with relationships to know and feel that this one can last for many many years. So we decided to buy a house. And then couldn't find one that met all our requirements
All of the sudden we found this perfect piece of land. About 700 m². Very rural, lots of trees and pastures. Very quiet as well. We talked to most of our future neighbours, and they were all so friendly and nice. So we bought it and are now working on the design of our house Hopefully we can start building this year. We're going to do most of the interior work ourselves, so it'll take a couple of years to complete. But I'm already looking forward to having our very own vegetable garden!

We've only been together for 1 years and 3 months, so there is some risk involved. But life would be so boring if you don't take a risk every now and then, right?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:33 AM   #22898
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
We've only been together for 1 years and 3 months, so there is some risk involved. But life would be so boring if you don't take a risk every now and then, right?
You ask this question to a guy who rides motorcycles every day, jumps off cliffs with a parachute, goes scuba diving to take photos of sharks, and wanders around in the jungles of S.E. Asia?!?

If you risk nothing, you gain nothing. Life is either a daring adventure... or nothing.

Stitchawl
Old 01-09-2013, 06:28 AM   #22899
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Sounds great Iridal! Looks like things are really working out for you but are you sure he is not just after your pastry skills?
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:10 AM   #22900
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Sounds great Iridal. I am thrilled that you are so happy.

Keemun in my cup. I have some tea from Tea Gschwender waiting at home. I can't wait to try the rooibos chocolate mint and the match latte. The Bancha refill is appreciated.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:18 AM   #22901
Iridal
Mysteriarch

Quote:
You ask this question to a guy who rides motorcycles every day, jumps off cliffs with a parachute, goes scuba diving to take photos of sharks, and wanders around in the jungles of S.E. Asia?!?

If you risk nothing, you gain nothing. Life is either a daring adventure... or nothing.
Ah yes, forgot about all the dangerous things you do Guess I've been away too long

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
Sounds great Iridal! Looks like things are really working out for you but are you sure he is not just after your pastry skills?
Well ... He sure is a big fan of pastry (imagine him nearly jumping up and down when I come home from class with a bag full of sugary goodies). But I'm pretty sure that's not the only reason he likes me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Sounds great Iridal. I am thrilled that you are so happy.
Thanks How is Lucas doing? He must be growing like crazy!

Another cup of tea for me, jasmine green tea this time.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #22902
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Lucas is doing great. There are pictures somewhere in the thread from Christmas time. He is growing like mad. Six months old and 21 pounds 6 ounces. Cute little dude too. And he has teeth. It is kind of nuts.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #22903
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Hi, Iridal. Good to see you again, happy and all.

in my cup: cold coffee
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #22904
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Luke warm coffee. Alongside it a half eaten booja-booja ginger truffle
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #22905
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Hi, Iridal. Good to see you.

The sun came out today for a little while, and it hasn't rained. That constitutes are GREAT day on the Wet Coast. So, I'm celebrating with a cup of Keemun Xian Zhen.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?