Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 12-01-2006, 06:18 PM   #16
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Yeah, that is steep. That's a lot of money for the average Chinese worker. Hell, that's a lot for me. Think I will still watch the market for a while and see what comes out next.
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:30 PM   #17
Smoodo
Smoodo began at the beginning.

This is called protective tax policy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinpeng
Actually interesting, but where to buy? is it far from the topic. he~

In American market V8 price is $299, but in China it's around $400.

So I'm looking for buy it in other country else>
Currently I'm in Beijing
---
I am currently living in Tianjin, so I decided to go over to Jinke and see the place for myself. While there I checked out a current model of their V2 which is really much more impressive than I imagined it would be. I'm personally interested in the new 10in model they have coming out in September. Also while in their office, I asked about buying one of the units and the price was astonishingly high. When I asked why I saw a $349 price on the website and had a near $500 price in their plant, the reply was that it is a tax on it being sold in the local market. In other words, for whatever reason, the Chinese government does not want such products in their market. They give JinKe a tax kickback for exporting the unit outside the country, hence the lower price. Nice huh?

From what I understand, the e-ink screens are very expensive right now. I'm only talking about the screen itself and nothing driving it. I imagine that the 10in screen by itself would cost between $350-$400.
Smoodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert