Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #1
jb_alphamale
jb_alphamale began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900
PRS-900 ordered today shipping tomorrow

I've ordered today from sonystyle.com a PRS-900. The initial estimated shipping date was Jan 15th.
One our later I've got an email with new estimated shipping date: Jan 11th which is tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PRS-900.png
Views:	308
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	43114  
jb_alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:35 PM   #2
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Wow,

You are blessed with Luck!!!! Did you have to pay shipping or sales Tax?
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
jb_alphamale

Standard shipping to NY state: 0 (zero)
TAX to NY state:8%
Old 01-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #4
yessirrom
Connoisseur
yessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enough

Device: HTC HD2 and i-Pad
I got an updated ship date of 7Jan10 and it has not shipped yet. Original date was 15Jan10. I called and the rep pretty much said " I don't know".
yessirrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:11 AM   #5
jbloudg20
Connoisseur
jbloudg20 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-900 & K2i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_alphamale View Post
I've ordered today from sonystyle.com a PRS-900. The initial estimated shipping date was Jan 15th.
One our later I've got an email with new estimated shipping date: Jan 11th which is tomorrow.
Very fortunate! I'm hoping Best Buy comes through in a timely fashion.
jbloudg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #6
jb_alphamale

As per today Jan the 12th Sony didn't ship but the estimated shipping date on their website is still Jan the 11th.
After all they will probably ship around 15th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb_alphamale View Post
Old 01-12-2010, 08:32 AM   #7
yessirrom
Connoisseur
yessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enoughyessirrom will become famous soon enough

My card was just charged. Yesterday it said ready to ship.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:14 PM   #8
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yessirrom View Post
My card was just charged. Yesterday it said ready to ship.
You ordered direct from Sony? I'm hoping Best Buy will just be a couple of days behind!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:21 PM   #9
jb_alphamale

ready for shipment Jan the 14th

I ordered directly from Sony and yes Sony states on his page that the orders placed on sonystyle.com are going to ship out 1st before their distributors. Probably 1-2 days difference no more. Initial shipping date was 15th of Jan then changed to 11th of Jan and today the status changed into ready for shipment for tomorrow Jan the 14th. I've chosen the free standard shipping but on my initial order I also ordered a 8GB duo stick memory which was ready the day after and shipped. I've got it in NY state after 2 days so I do expect maybe Saturday to get also the e-book reader. I can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
You ordered direct from Sony? I'm hoping Best Buy will just be a couple of days behind!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:12 PM   #10
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the follow up, that is good to know. Hopefully mine will ship early next week if not Friday.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 08:41 AM   #11
jb_alphamale

Today Friday Jan the 15th. Sony didn't ship yesterday. Status was ready for shipment 14th of Jan 2010. Obviously in their vocabulary ready for shipment is different than shipped. I have no idea what use is this piece of info for the end users: ready for shipment. Somebody in this forum mentioned that the more you stay away from checking the status the better. Wise words. We're waiting.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:51 AM   #12
yessirrom
Connoisseur

Mine arrived yesterday. I am very pleased. Mine was in ready to ship for 2 days or so before shipping.