Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
SteGar
Enthusiast
SteGar doesn't litterSteGar doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Got my K2 !!! What about some music??

Good afternoon everybody !!

I finally got my Kindle 2 last Friday (a family member brought it to Canada from the States) and I have been playing with it this weekend (not as much as I would have liked too, but I had visit from the States...), but as of now I am utterly pleased with my decision.

I already bought a book and I find that the reading experience is quite impressive (I just need to get used to the fact that you don't really know where you are at in the book as you read). I even got myself the New York Times on Sunday. I can't wait to go to the US to try the wireless function. Coming soon in early May ! At which time I will register my Kindle wirelessly also.

Any way, quick question. I want to put some music on my Kindle, can I just download some from the music I already have in my Itune on my computer or does it need some type of conversion??

It might be an easy question, but I would like to get some guidance before I get started.

Thanks
SteGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:55 PM   #2
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Music needs to be in .mp3 format, so if you want to use files purchased from the ITunes store, yes, you may need to convert.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
Slow_hand
Groupie
Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Slow_hand has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2
Put it in the Audible folder.
Slow_hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:10 PM   #4
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Make sure not to use all of your 2 Gigs
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 08:34 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow_hand View Post
Put it in the Audible folder.
If the mp3s are placed in the "Audible" folder, you will have more control over playback but you won't be able to read at the same time.

If you want to listen to music and read, place the mp3s in the "music" folder. The music will play in shuffled order. Reports are that playing music will draw the batter down faster.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #6
SteGar
Enthusiast
SteGar doesn't litterSteGar doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks guys. I think I better just carry my Ipod and be done with it...

This was not a make or break it feature for me, but I thought it would be easier to have some music going while I read.

On another subject, there is no possibility of creating folder on the Kindle and that's a bit of a shame.
SteGar is offline   Reply With Quote