Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I think Zelda's been dealing with the SHUMs

ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?

hey, you know i'm a vegetarian, but you know i don't proselytize. all you flesh-eaters out there, eat shums !!! nice and tender, and so many recipes !! one shum (a whole one) can feed from 2 to a family of 4, depending on preparation and appetite. just make sure you get the authentic France-style shum ! bon appetit !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
MWAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!
Oh man gotta love engrish.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I saw that on the website today. Laughed so hard!!

But, Zeep cannot possibly be dealing with the dreaded SHUMS right now ... she's slaving away ... hard at work .... no time to be distracted.

Right??
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:45 AM   #5
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini

This is lunch AND dessert in one meal, ´cause it´s probably deliciously filled with chocolate and gummy bears!!!
How else could you convince a child to get into an oven?
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2009, 05:07 AM   #6
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I saw one menu in France that said "Liche au sirop" (instead of lichee), which in english would be "Syrup Lich".
For those of you not familiar with the word, in fantasy a Lich is usually a very powerful undead sorcerer. Not the kind of things you'd enjoy eating with syrup ....

I'm a bit curious about the exact meaning of SHUMs.
I have a general grasp of it, due to meeting it several times in a similar context, but I'd like to know a bit more, if possible.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:10 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I saw that on the website today. Laughed so hard!!

But, Zeep cannot possibly be dealing with the dreaded SHUMS right now ... she's slaving away ... hard at work .... no time to be distracted.

Right??
sadly (depending on perspective, of course ) this is right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
I have a general grasp of it, due to meeting it several times in a similar context, but I'd like to know a bit more, if possible.
you are not the first one to ask about the SHUMS Gaurnim. the irony is, anyone who has had any personal experience with SHUMS would rather not know about them. but of course the ones asking do not realise this, as they have not had any experience with them (lucky !). but since you asked...

start with this post and read the next three or so in that thread, then go to this thread, and you will soon know the horror that is SHUMS. sadly there are some SHUMS living right in my building. i cannot escape them. feel my pain.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:13 AM   #8
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
start with this post and read the next three or so in that thread, then go to this thread, and you will soon know the horror that is SHUMS. sadly there are some SHUMS living right in my building. i cannot escape them. feel my pain.
Ok, I get it better now, thanks.

I somehow thought it wasn't specific to this forum and went searching for it on the Internet. I found some pretty bizarre stuff that I regret founding.

My computer room at home is also close to a schoolyard and I can hear the SHUMs when it's break time. Windows closed, it's bearable, but I haven't experienced it in the summer with the windows open ...
Old 02-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #9
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
sadly there are some SHUMS living right in my building. i cannot escape them. feel my pain.
May I make a modest proposal and suggest you do start cooking them, with the aid of meat-eating friends to a) check the seasoning and b) actually eat them once they're done.

You could even start your own pie business...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #10
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
I saw one menu in France that said "Liche au sirop" (instead of lichee), which in english would be "Syrup Lich".
For those of you not familiar with the word, in fantasy a Lich is usually a very powerful undead sorcerer. Not the kind of things you'd enjoy eating with syrup ....

Why thank you, Mr Orcus. I would enjoy some syrup with my luggage.

Old gamer geek joke.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
May I make a modest proposal and suggest you do start cooking them, with the aid of meat-eating friends to a) check the seasoning and b) actually eat them once they're done.

You could even start your own pie business...
don't tempt me.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:34 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
My computer room at home is also close to a schoolyard and I can hear the SHUMs when it's break time. Windows closed, it's bearable, but I haven't experienced it in the summer with the windows open ...
i am feeling egotistically very comforted that soon (as soon as it is open window weather) there will be another person to sympathise with my plight. we can complain to each other and plot together about how to neutralise the shums thread. :evil grin:
Old 02-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #13
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42

Quote:
i am feeling egotistically very comforted that soon (as soon as it is open window weather) there will be another person to sympathise with my plight. we can complain to each other and plot together about how to neutralise the shums thread. :evil grin:
Except .... that I don't work at home

I heard them on Monday while I was waiting for my car to be brought to the repair shop.
But usually they are abusing their parents at their home when I'm in the computer room at mine.

Just for kicks, I can give a hand with the axe-wielding if needed to thwart their plot.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:57 AM   #14
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Someone in Virginia has a similar idea.

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Except .... that I don't work at home

I heard them on Monday while I was waiting for my car to be brought to the repair shop.
But usually they are abusing their parents at their home when I'm in the computer room at mine.
right, i forgot. you will be spared the full effect. lucky you.

Quote:
Just for kicks, I can give a hand with the axe-wielding if needed to thwart their plot.
yes please !