Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #1
quimby
Otter Detective
quimby began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Kindle 3
Smile Greetings from England

Hi all. After some deliberation (I cancelled my order from one supplier, then ordered it again the next day - from a different supplier, cheaper!) I am now the proud new owner of a Sony PRS-505. Shiny.

I've downloaded shedloads of free books via ManyBooks, plus the free CD which came with the reader. I'm also busy ordering, trying, and sending back, different cases. Hated the TufLuv, am just about to try the TriFold.

Cursing myself for ordering a charger from eBay now I realise I could have just used my PSP charger. Ah well, only a fiver spent.

I downloaded Calibre before the Reader arrived, and can't really see the point of using the Sony software after experiencing Calibre.

Finding it a bit of a struggle to find books I actually want to *buy*, though; I knew this would be difficult, having done some research, but disappointed just how difficult. And how expensive Waterstone's ebooks are. We shall see how I fare as I find my way around the different ebook sites available.

I would like to thank whoever included pandalol in the smilies. It cheered me up by several degrees when I saw it in a post on the forums at the weekend.

quimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello quimby enjoy the 505
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi quimby and welcome to the Forum. Actually, there are advantages to having the AC charger. It'll charge up your reader about twice as fast as the PSP will. And you can read books while it's charging.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:32 PM   #4
quimby
Otter Detective
quimby began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Kindle 3
Cheers for the welcome, guys.

cassidym, I like the Borges quote. If you have any Borges ebooks I'd appreciate pointers on where to find them. I have the hardback of The Library at Night sitting waiting for me, but haven't found the time to sit down with it yet. It would be cool to have a copy on my reader and not have to worry about roughing up the hardback in my handbag.
quimby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Sorry, don't have any Borges books and haven't looked for any. If I do find any, I'll let you know.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert